Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » ShoWest 2010 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: ShoWest 2010
Mike Frese
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2010 11:39 PM      Profile for Mike Frese   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Frese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could not help notice that there was no thread about ShoWest 2010 yet, even though it is less than 2 weeks away.

Anyone going?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-02-2010 12:25 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saving up for next year.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 03-02-2010 01:30 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What Mike said.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-02-2010 05:27 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there this year.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-02-2010 09:36 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be in Southern You-Taw werkin so I might buzz on over... Is there a Filum Tech Drink Night this year?

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2010 10:53 AM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the last year for ShoWest at Bally's. Next year it moves to Ceasars and will be run by Nato. It will also have a new name, not ShoWest.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-02-2010 12:28 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's another reason I'm savin' up. Have been to the Bally's convention once, but have never been to Caeasar's Palace except a walk-through one time, so hopefully the NATO convention will live up to their promises of all the ways it's going to be better.

(Cue: NATO bashing)

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-02-2010 12:41 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Too many installs going on right now to attend this year.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 03-02-2010 03:12 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I was going to go until I saw that the Grand Poo-Bah isn't going to be there.

Another sign of how crappy 2010 is starting off.... [Frown]

Manny Montes
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-02-2010 10:39 PM      Profile for Manny Montes   Email Manny Montes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quick question, I've always wanted to go to showest but due to travel expenses, time off, etc I've never had a chance. Should I just try and plan better? Or is Showeast a pretty good substitute? Showeast is really close for me, and I can't wait to go to either show

Just wanted to know if showeast is even close

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-02-2010 10:45 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you can only go to one...ShoWest is the one...it MUCH bigger. Mind you a Cinema show is but a "gathering" compared to other industries. ShowEast's trade show is about 1/4 the size of ShoWest.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-03-2010 02:30 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went in 2006 and 2007 and had total fun at both. But true, would like to make the 2011 premiere convention across the street at Caesar's Palace looking from Bally's.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-03-2010 10:24 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been attending these shows since 1982 so I will definitely be there this year since it's the last and I can say Good Riddens to Balley's!!! They really should tear that place down... it's become way too dated even for Vegas. I am looking foreword to the new Show at Cesar's next year and may actually attend the entire shabang... A new location/producer for Show West is way over due.

I am also planning on checking out the Pawn Shop that is featured on Pawn Stars... Those guys are such a hoot!

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 03-03-2010 12:27 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So they're going back to Caesars. Everything old is new again. My first ShoWest, where I got to run the Tron promo reel for Disney (who provided all of the projection for ShoWest that year), was at Caesars.

Hopefully, I'll be so busy next year I won't be able to attend.

Chris Mosel
Film Handler

- posted 03-04-2010 12:40 PM      Profile for Chris Mosel   Email Chris Mosel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, be ready to wait in line at "Pawn Stars." I was going to stop there last week and there was a line of 50+ with a door man limiting the number of people allowed in at one time. This was at 7:30 in the morning so I just drove right on by.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: