Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Rentrak is buying NeilsenEDI

Author Topic: Rentrak is buying NeilsenEDI
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-18-2009 06:17 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got the new I.M.E. and it says Rentrak is getting ready to purchase NeilsenEDI in a deal that will close in the first quarter of 2010.

I guess that's cool -- We use RTS and it already reports to Rentrak, but not to EDI, so it'll be nice not to have to answer that phone call every night.

|  IP: Logged

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2009 06:50 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RTS can report to EDI as well or as we used to do; call them before they call you.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-18-2009 10:23 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our booker reports grosses for all his clients in the morning, but they refuse to stop calling us in the evenings. Me call them? Forget it.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 12-19-2009 02:11 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I liked is when they'd forget about timezones and call before you even have someone on setting up the snack bar. It's like "Yes, we really aren't open. Seattle and NYC are 3 hours apart."

Paul J. Neuhaus
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2009 08:28 PM      Profile for Paul J. Neuhaus   Email Paul J. Neuhaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never done it ...but has anybody else been tempted to or actually just made up numbers just because they aren't ready or your just really pissed they keep calling.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2009 11:39 AM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a manager on insisted on giving them the nets instead of the grosses.

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2009 11:11 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never done it intentionally, but I have given the wrong gross before and received a call from a studio rep just to verify the amount.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: