Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Sold-out midnite shows for Harry Potter 6 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Sold-out midnite shows for Harry Potter 6
David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 07-14-2009 05:30 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regal 15 in Eugene is interlocking midnite shows of HP6 on 14 screens. Cinemark 17 in Springfield has it on 5 screens (I don't think they know how to interlock).

Total of 19 screens, and all 19 of them are completely sold out as of now according to online ticketing.

How is that possible? Is there that much interest in this movie? Unbelievable.

|  IP: Logged

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2009 05:47 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Harry is on 10 screens in Lubbock. I do not know about the Drive-In, but I can confirm 9 screens are sold out for the midnights.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2009 05:59 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AMC Lennox 24, which is very close to THE Ohio State University, has sold out 24 screeens for the 12:01 show tonight. They have 1 screening at 3:25am that is available.

College students grew up on HARRY POTTER and this is still an important film for them, much as STAR WARS was for an earlier generation. POTTER fans don't seem to be into "lines" as much as the SW fans.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-14-2009 06:27 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am surprised that Harry Potter fans can stay up until midnight (proper spelling). [Razz]

I'm going to have to watch one of these movies some day. Still haven't seen any.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 07-14-2009 06:51 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Regal Fenway 13 (ex-GCC, ex-AMC) apparently has it on all 13 screens tonight, for some reason. Oddly, the AMC Boston Common 19 (ex-Loews), which is the larger and more popular house, only has it on six screens (five 35mm, one DLP). Online tickets appear to be available.

Sadly, we're getting it at the Embassy (which is supposed to be an art house...), but there is no midnight show.

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2009 02:24 AM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By far the busiest midnight show we've ever run *yawn*

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2009 02:49 AM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well ours did better then Dark Knight, Twilight or Transformers. Sold out two screens.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2009 04:02 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had it on 10 screens...all sold out. Have 3:15 shows, sold out our big house, running it in the second house. Can add more shows as needed. The movies going to be big..and its good to boot.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2009 04:25 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sold out all 10 screens we had available. Today was totally awesome, was at work at 8am for a marathon of the first five movies, left at 3:30am. Yay.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-15-2009 01:03 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had a good crowd, not a sellout, but over 100 people which is pretty good for this little burg.

I've only watched the first HP film - and didn't really get it. I think I was tired or something. Haven't really had much interest in seeing the others -- I guess it's just not my kind of thing.

Word of mouth from a couple of fans was that it was "pretty good" but not through-the-roof great like I was hoping for considering the interest in this one.

Andy Bajew
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2009 02:24 PM      Profile for Andy Bajew   Email Andy Bajew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sold out 3 screens. Was planning to interlock into 5 screens--didn't have the staff available to sell out 5 screen. My theater is a dinner and a movie theater in case anyone was wondering why the staff available would determine the number of theaters used.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 07-15-2009 03:20 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As usual, it appears Megaplex 17 sold every seat in the building (save for the IMAX, this time around.)

They also sold at least one 3:00am show.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-15-2009 04:02 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So who here interlocked all screens in their complex with a SINGLE print? A bunch of little simultaneous interlocks doesn't count. That's wimpy.

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2009 04:07 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We ran four screens. Best midnight attendance yet. Beat the figures for Dark Knight.

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2009 04:41 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing about last night's midnight show is that people waited in line so long, by the time we opened the doors they were starving. It was by far the best per caps we've ever run for a midnight show and with huge crowds usually bringing lower per caps, I give credit to my popcorn slingers. It was a very profitable night indeed! (but like many of you I'm still yawning)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: