Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Lord of the Rings Marathon at The Colonial Theater in PA

Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Marathon at The Colonial Theater in PA
Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 05-20-2009 09:37 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FYI...

Link

quote:
Sun, Jun 21, 10:00 am

We're celebrating Father's Day (and the longest day of the year) with a Lord of the Rings marathon. We're showing all three films, extended versions, on 35mm starting at 10am. Advance purchase tickets are available at a slightly higher price to help cover the cost of accepting credit cards.

Showtimes:
Fellowship of the Ring: 10:00am - 1:30pm
The Two Towers: 2:15pm - 6:00pm
The Return of the King: 7:15pm - 10:36pm

Advance online purchase tickets:
Adults: $22 good for all three shows
Children/Members: $16 good for all three shows
(The slightly higher advance ticket prices help cover our credit card costs.)

Actually not quite true, but the first two are extended versions, and the third is the regular theatrical version.

I wish WB would strike a couple of prints of ROTK extended version. I'm sure lots of folks would be interested in running it.

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-20-2009 07:15 PM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If only I wasn't in Dallas.........

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-20-2009 07:21 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Yawn...

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 05-21-2009 01:10 AM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did that Nov 2007 and Mar 2009!

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 05-21-2009 06:37 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How was the turnout?

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 05-21-2009 05:09 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just Mike.

James. R. Deeter
Film Handler

- posted 05-21-2009 06:29 PM      Profile for James. R. Deeter   Email James. R. Deeter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah the power of the Ring ! Here in Kansas City, the KC Symphony was presenting a concert of Music from LOTR. Sales were sooo good, they started giving away tickets on any radio station they could find....

"Caller 7 wins tickets to KC Symphony and Music from LOTR !"
( 10 min later ) "Still looking for Caller 7 for those FREE tickets to Music from LOTR !" [bs]

Joe Tommassello
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2009 05:10 PM      Profile for Joe Tommassello   Email Joe Tommassello       Edit/Delete Post 
The Colonial is the preferred movie theater of "The Blob". Since we usually celebrate Father's Day on Saturday with a big family picnic I would have gone to this if they had a extended print of ROTK. New Line is really clueless...see my post in "The Afterlife" about LOTR.

J. Isaac Reese
Film Handler

- posted 06-19-2009 01:02 PM      Profile for J. Isaac Reese   Email J. Isaac Reese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-19-2009 04:53 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll second Phils post with : [sleep]

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2009 04:29 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is only 1 real trilogy

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2009 01:00 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indiana Jones? Oh, wait they made that pesky 4th film... [Frown]

Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 06-21-2009 03:16 PM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True, David.

But there is only one trilogy of trilogies! Now what's it called again.....Scum Battles?...nah, thats not it ...Star Bucks?..nah-thats not it either. Something like that anyway.

Cheers

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: