Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Daily Report

Author Topic: Daily Report
Brandon Henry
Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2009 03:25 PM      Profile for Brandon Henry   Email Brandon Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone use any sort of daily report for their managers to fill out at the end of the day that would be a quick glance at the day.

I am trying to find an effective way to stay on top of my staff when I am not there as well our sales, grosses, etc. Our computer system is beyond awful making looking up the numbers a 30 minute task if not looking at the current day.

I want to know when a till is off and who ran the till that day and was looking to see if someone had any sort of report or form they fill out that they would be willing to share before I spend my night making my own.

|  IP: Logged

Paul J. Neuhaus
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2009 06:11 AM      Profile for Paul J. Neuhaus   Email Paul J. Neuhaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really think that you want a form to fill out at the en d of the night. That doesn't really do you any good. The night is over at that point [Frown]

What you want is a form or multiple to track sales for your employees during their shifts.
What I mean:
Depending on your POS system you may have the ability to track total number of transactions that your concession terminals make. Divide that into the dollar amount for that terminal and you now have an average transaction.... Show's who upsells. Sort of an individual percap.
Also some POS terminals have the ability to show elapsed time from the start of transaction till money is received. Shows how fast the concessionist is at taking an order... This may or may not be helpful but it is important for your guys to hustle!

Keeping track of numbers like this and posting them is a good motivator for both the management and the staff. Point is keep everybody on their toes and they will work. Let them be lazy and they will everytime.

Also, keep a look at total attendance verse staffing. Find out what the numbers need to be for your location. i.e. X number of customers Y number of concessionists/ushers/box office compared to total concession sales to achieve what an optimum percap might be for you. If you are not making money you are spending it. Don't spend it with employees standing around. More importantly give your assistants tools so that they will be able to identify when they are over/under staffed!

I know that this isn't exactly what you asked for. But it is sometimes better to find what YOU want to track. I just gave you a few examples. Just remember ********** make something that is more valuable then all inclusive. More information is not always better. It will just cloud out what is more important and the next thing you know your assistants are only filling it out because you made them not because it can help them and you do your job better and more efficiently!!

Good Luck,

Paul

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-17-2009 11:50 AM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since our point of sale has a rather convoluted reporting system (and I know many do) we have a daily report the managers fill out in Excel that summarizes everything and even highlights the drawers if they're off by 1% or more.

Also tracks GCard sales, etc.

Maybe that's what you want?

Otherwise we have a managers log which every manager writes an entry in and always reads the prior entries and signs them off at the start of their shift.

This way we can communicate more effectively.

They usually note if someone's off or not. Perhaps you could make a form of some sort like that?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: