Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Fox Rewards closing down

Author Topic: Fox Rewards closing down
Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 03-13-2009 06:02 AM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I logged into my Fox Rewards account last night there was a notice that they were shutting down as of April 25, 2009. You may redeem your points through April 24, 2009.

|  IP: Logged

Michael McGovern
Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2009 09:21 PM      Profile for Michael McGovern     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't say this surprises me given the economy. It was likely prohibitively expensive for FOX to keep on the staff needed to run and organize the program, with very little benefit for them on their end. Did I pay extra attention to FOX Standees in order to get me points? Sure, but that more or less meant that I would build it as soon as I got a chance rather than stick it in a storage closet for a week to work on when I got around to it. The number of point earning opportunities had been dwindling for the last year or so, so again, no big shock. We have until April 24th to redeem our points, but I would do so sooner rather than later, since I assume there's a lot of people out there with a massive backlog of unused points looking for things to spend them on, so most of the good stuff will be gone quick.

I imagine this also means that FOX will be following the other major studios in cutting back on promotional materials besides One Sheets. Standees have dried up almost completely across the board. Paramount sends out the big boards every one in a while, but those aren't particularly interesting. FOX was at least one studio you could count on to send you some interesting promotional stuff, but I guess the economy is just taking a toll on everybody. I still see some cool standees every once in a while, but they almost never get sent to anywhere but the top grossing theaters, and I'm talking like NYC and no where else. Oh well....

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: