Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Man shoots talker at a movie

Author Topic: Man shoots talker at a movie
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 12-27-2008 03:13 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CNN Online reported an angry movie patron shooting another person in the arm at a theatre in Philadelphia Pennsylvania after an argument. The victim and his family were attending a showing of the Brad Pitt movie, THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON and were talking that angered a man sitting in back of them. The argument began after the family was asked to be quiet by the other person.

I will never revert to such a drastic action to shut anyone up when their excessive talking has pissesd me off but I had thoughts of doing other less severe things to them. I have found asking people to be quiet usually does work so I just get up and sit somewhere else. After putting up with talkers and crying babies at movie theatres for years, I have found a perfect solution by waiting a few months and watching theatrical movies on DVD. It is a lot cheaper especially with a good sound system I now have and a HDTV I am planning to get in the near future with a Blue Ray player.

There was a time when I used to see every major film in a theatre but not anymore. It used to average about eight to ten films a month not to mention the amount I spent at the concession. The last movie I saw at the cinema was "W" just before the presidential election.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 12-27-2008 03:42 PM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I say, shoot them with a water pistol. You can easily conceal it and sitting behind the motor mouth, just quietly squirt them every time they say anything. They will have to leave the theatre quickly enough due to the fact that they will realize that they are soaking wet. Problem solved and with no physical harm done.

For a little more permanent reminder of their obnoxious and inconsiderate behavior, put indelible ink in the water pistol, so every morning when they look in the mirror at what looks like a huge birthmark on their face which they can't wash off, they will be reminded of what a flaming a-hole they are and how they are just wasting valuable real estate on the planet not to mention using up oxygen.

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 12-27-2008 04:21 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank your ideas would get you into more trouble by using your water gun gag. He could call the police and file an assault charge againist you for doing that.

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2008 04:25 PM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah -- but its nice to think about doing something like that.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-27-2008 04:46 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1. Order a large drink
2. Ask the talker to be quiet politely once
3. If they don't shut up, ask them nicely again, but this time accidentally spill the drink into their lap

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 12-27-2008 06:39 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This post tells all about what happened. - Monte

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: