Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » "Seven Pounds" one-sheet

Author Topic: "Seven Pounds" one-sheet
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-20-2008 11:19 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another Will Smith movie, another huge picture of his unshaven face. They must have worked on this picture for....uh, minutes. Looks like a good movie though.

-

|  IP: Logged

Blaine Young
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2008 02:54 PM      Profile for Blaine Young   Email Blaine Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seven minutes. One minute per pound...

Caleb Johnstone-Cowan
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2008 09:28 PM      Profile for Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Email Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's Will Smith, people would go and see him if it was him sitting down reading the newspaper for 90 minutes. I have never seen him in a bad film, even enjoyed Wild Wild West which everyone slates. Film looks interesting though, will definitely see it.

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2008 09:26 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
Another Will Smith movie, another huge picture of his unshaven face
What's weird is that in my theater's lobby that poster is right
next to THIS almost identical one from "Benjaman Button" -
 -
Until the other day, we also had another identically posed
"Button" poster with Cate Blanchett's face, but we
took it down when we realized that the lobby was starting
to look like the FBI "Wanted" poster wall at the post office.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 11-30-2008 11:46 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The theater I was just in had those two and the one with Spock's face next to them. (Sorry I don't have a picture of it handy, but I'm sure someone else might.)

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 11-30-2008 11:51 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've got both button posters right next to each other then a couple down there's two from Star Trek (Kirk and the female vulcan I think) then on another hall across the building we've got the bad guy from Star Trek too.

I think the mgr who's in charge of posters put all those faces right in a row on purpose.

Tyler Potts
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2008 12:11 PM      Profile for Tyler Potts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We received the Benjamin Button banner. It's Pitt & Blanchett's poster pictures next to each other but the right one is offset down by a foot (I guess to look like I hung 2 banners?). I don't like hanging banner with three hooks, but putting that up let me make room for actual good looking posters in the cases. Has anyone seen the new Taken poster? Black background with grey text that you can only really read with a back lit case.

p.s. - Anyone have any insight to Seven Pounds other than Will Smith decides to help people? It looks like I'll be building like 6 movies (who knows how many prints) on Christmas Eve and am trying to figure out which to screen.

Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2008 12:04 PM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screened Seven Pounds last night, and without ruining it, he hurts 7 peoples lives and makes up for it by helping 7 others. I really enjoyed the movie, 6 VERY full reels, hard to believe they stuck 123 mins on 6 reels, economy for reels and boxes must be bad.

Andrew Bangs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2008 12:06 PM      Profile for Andrew Bangs   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Bangs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tyler Do you have friends or fellow employees who's opinions you trust? If so What I do is have at least one person in each movie and I give them a little questionnaire that I made up and this way I have a fair Idea on how all my prints screen. I am usually stuck up in the booth tearing down prints that have to leave that afternoon so all I can do is check every now and again to make sure they are still in frame and have no miss-splices. On the questionnaire I simply put: How was the audio throughout, The Picture, and if their were any problems that only lasted a brief moment, If so how far into the movie was it. They are usually good about giving me times. Be careful though I had one guy write down all the times their was a reel change because of the spots flashing in the corner... after I had to explain it to him I stopped giving him the questionnaire if there was someone else in the theatre with him.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-21-2008 03:17 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Chris Slycord
I think the mgr who's in charge of posters put all those faces right in a row on purpose.
I would. [Razz]

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 12-21-2008 04:52 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure he did. It was just weird coming out of the elevator from the booth to see a bunch of oversized faces staring at me. [Smile]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 12-21-2008 07:44 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't bother seeing any movie unless the poster has a prominent headshot of an actor.

Jaime Tuzzio
Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2008 12:45 AM      Profile for Jaime Tuzzio         Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Miller
I would.
I would too, and I have done so many times. Up until last Friday we had the Cate & Brad headshots next to the Will headshot next to the Kirk & Spock headshots.

Once, at my first theatre, I used to have themes for some of our poster case groups. For instance, when people started using the term "Freedom Fries" I made French flags out of nearly solid red, white, and blue posters. Someone actually noticed and said something. I couldn't believe it.

No one, however, said anything about the following (though the first three posters happened by accident, the fourth was added when we noticed a trend):

-

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: