Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Official Australia running time

Author Topic: Official Australia running time
Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 11-19-2008 12:44 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know the official running time for Australia. I have seen estimates of 155 minutes all the way up to 177 minutes. Bill Gable have you by chance ran this one.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 11-19-2008 01:16 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darryl, I have it scheduled to run on Friday. But Fox publicity gave us a 165 minute running time. I will time it then.

Print TRT: 165 minutes (end credits around 7 minutes 41 seconds)

[ 11-21-2008, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Bill Gabel ]

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 11-19-2008 01:19 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok thanks Bill

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 11-19-2008 04:51 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent an inquiry to my Fox rep and they sent back 165min and rated PG-13.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-19-2008 08:37 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
165 mins confirmed.

I screen it Sunday and will time it properly then.

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2008 10:18 PM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find it funny that it ended up being longer anyway considering the rumors that Fox wanted Baz Luhrmann to cut it down considerably.

I'm still looking forward to the Curious Case of Benjamin Button. That one is rumored to be 160 minutes. Paramount was also getting on David Fincher's case about cutting it down. I for one don't see a problem with longer movies as long as they are edited properly. Unless the majority of it was filler/non-related to the plot, then I can see why they would want it cut. But if they just wanted it shorter in order to have more shows a day, then I would rather have a good longer movie than a short crappy movie. Word of mouth will drive people to see it. The Dark Knight was fairly long and still did astronomical business.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-20-2008 10:45 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Ross Oba
I find it funny that it ended up being longer anyway considering the rumors that Fox wanted Baz Luhrmann to cut it down considerably.
It was once rumoured to be 180 minutes. Baz has always maintained it's his film and was not influenced.

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 11-22-2008 09:54 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does it or can it have an intermission? If an intermission is not allowed, how about a Piss Break, not to be confused with an actual official intermission.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-23-2008 03:30 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just ran it.

165 minutes
Credits 7mins 42secs

There is a very short time at the end of last vision where the music continues...probably about 5 to 8 seconds as it fades out. For those without the censorship band on the end of the print (like us) make sure you cue to let this play out.

As far as an intermission...I'm sure there's a spot you could, but it is not meant to have one.

Caleb Johnstone-Cowan
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2008 05:59 PM      Profile for Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Email Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure if enough chains asked for an intermission the distributors will put one in, like Disney did for Pirates 3.

Tyler Potts
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2008 01:40 AM      Profile for Tyler Potts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So tired... 2 prints each 10 reels, with random tails up. Took forever.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 11-26-2008 02:13 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got two prints myself along with a bonus print of Four Christmases. So many lab splices tonight.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2008 06:05 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Joe.

I had 2 prints of this to build, along with 2 prints of Transporter 3 to build. All had lots of lab splices to boot!

And I got bitched at by Technicolor because our 3 outgoing prints were not ready for pick up on Wednesday morning! (Night crew couldnt work on them.)

Well, they are ready NOW!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: