Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Australia promotion

Author Topic: Australia promotion
Tyler Potts
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2008 07:53 PM      Profile for Tyler Potts   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else received the 15'x18' banner... and then realized how small their walls or ceiling are?

We received the 3 Australia posters... Kidman, Kidman & Jackman, Jackman.

Then we received the 12' standee... basically the 3 noted posters side by side, with a wavy effect.

The other day a kid shows up to hang the biggest banner I've seen in my life. Same 3 images, but if I stretch my arm up and rise on my toes I can touch the bottom of the banner... as it hangs from the theatre's lobby ceiling.

Ok Fox we get it, its going to be epic... please calm down!

|  IP: Logged

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 09-29-2008 11:44 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've stopped ordering standees for my theatre because most are too tall for the hallways and I don't have a big enough lobby to be taking up floor space with standees. What I've started to is ordering bus shelters for everything I can and I post those in the hallways where I would put the standees.

I've never seen a banner as large as the one you're describing, but I ordered a 30 sheet for Bourne Ultimatum when I couldn't get a banner. It looked pretty impressive hanging from the ceiling of my theatre, but it was WAY too much work to put together and hang.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 09-30-2008 12:48 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Australia IS very big. [Wink]

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2008 07:23 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have the Australia banner hanging down one of our hallways, it is the perfect size to fit on the wall from top to bottom. Looks good too.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 09-30-2008 12:16 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet the Grinch banner we had several years ago was bigger. It only fit on this one wall in the building and even then someone cut holes in it to fit through some pipes. It was freaking gigantic. Took up almost all of a 25-30 foot tall wall.

Stan Gunn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2008 12:36 AM      Profile for Stan Gunn   Author's Homepage   Email Stan Gunn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All our cinemas are tall to.

Stan

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: