Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Recording Device went Kaputz

Author Topic: Recording Device went Kaputz
Rick Hartmann
Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2008 12:42 PM      Profile for Rick Hartmann   Email Rick Hartmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all,

My recording has been down for about a month now. The machine is probably about 20 years older than me so I wasn't that surprised when it stopped working. Does anyone know where I could get myself a new one? What do they go for? Are there any fancy ones out there where you can program the times and it speaks for you? That would be awesome. [Big Grin]

-Rick

|  IP: Logged

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-29-2008 02:24 AM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are none that can "speak for you" that I have ever heard of, but there have been some chains dropping their recording devices (and the resulting phone lines that the recording device played on) to enroll Fandango's 1-800 service. There should be plenty of used recording devices of various vintages available out there.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 07-29-2008 07:49 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you considered voicemail service from the telephone company? I don't know how it works on business lines, but it costs about $5/month on a residential line and avoids any maintenance issues with a loop machine. Be sure to check to see if they allow a long outgoing message and also if it can be configured to not accept incoming messages.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-29-2008 08:33 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SMARTs "Movietimes" is one of the things they ARE continuing to distribute!

Steve

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-29-2008 11:06 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Scott Norwood
Have you considered voicemail service from the telephone company?
That's exactly what we did here. After wearing out about 4 or 5 answermachines over the years (including one "digital" one that made my voice sound like it was under water) it is definitely a cost-effective thing for a small theatre.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: