Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Promotional Material Contacts

Author Topic: Promotional Material Contacts
Brandon Henry
Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2008 01:59 PM      Profile for Brandon Henry   Email Brandon Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking for a list of contacts and/or web sites to order promotional material. I took over my theater in a hurry and was left no contacts. I get one sheets, but have not had standees or any other material in quite some time. If someone has list they would be willing to share that would be great.

If this exists out in the forums already I did not find it in my search. Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 07-19-2008 06:29 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent you an email with the information I have. Some are pulled from the various studios exhibitor relations sites. The others I listed my contact, and they should be able to put you in touch with your rep.

Luci Reeve
Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2008 05:16 PM      Profile for Luci Reeve   Author's Homepage   Email Luci Reeve   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is always ebay.

Andy Muirhead
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-24-2008 08:05 PM      Profile for Andy Muirhead   Email Andy Muirhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, Ebay? I'd say anyone in exhibition desperate enough for promotional materials to resort to Ebay is probably in the wrong business. [Wink]

Have you asked your booker? They should be able to point you in the right direction.

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 07-24-2008 08:56 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sad-to-say, EBay is a useful resource for sub-run, nontheatrical, and repertory bookings, especially for trailers. Once the studios run out of materials, you're "on your own."

Brandon, there have been several threads here in the past.
Keep searching, but one of them is Studio Exhibitor Websites.

This stuff does change with alarming frequency, and varies by studio (obviously). So check with your bookers, and Deluxe and Technicolor...

--jhawk

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-25-2008 09:24 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your booker is worth a damn he will provide you with the information you need. Phone numbers, fax numbers, websites and email addresses. The information found here is fine too, but as has been pointed out, it can change quickly.

Different contact methods work better for different studios. They SHOULD all have great ordering websites, but unfortunately only three of the majors (Fox, Sony and Universal) do. I use e-mail for the others, except the few who distribute their stuff through Theatrical Distribution Services - I call them on the phone.

The REAL key to getting stuff is to get your order in early. Start requesting as soon as the title is announced, or in the case of blockbusters, about 6 months before release date. I order at least a one-sheet and a set of trailers on almost everything I even think we might have a bare chance of playing, and even then we don't always get the trailers.

This is one area where the I.M.E. comes in handy - it has a section telling what materials are available from each studio.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: