Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Bolt Standee

Author Topic: Bolt Standee
Michael Dolan
Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2008 11:54 PM      Profile for Michael Dolan   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Dolan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok So I just got to build The Disney Bolt Standee last night. At first look I thought it was going to be tremendously hard. But believe it or not it was pretty simple the hardest prt was keeping the fingerprints off of that shiny shiny material....It just made my eyes sparkle..... [thumbsup]

This is actualy one of the nicest standee's I have seen in a log time. very big however over 9' tall.

Has anybody else received one yet and what do you think of it

|  IP: Logged

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2008 03:20 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. And it had no instructions. It was thrown out before I came in for my shift.

Rick Hartmann
Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2008 12:45 PM      Profile for Rick Hartmann   Email Rick Hartmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine also didn't have instructions. Not that it matters though... I don't have much room for big standees [Frown] They need to make more the size of the hellboy 2 standees... Those things were great

Galen Murphy-Fahlgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-28-2008 01:47 PM      Profile for Galen Murphy-Fahlgren   Email Galen Murphy-Fahlgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like tall standees, there just isn't a good place for them in my lobby. I really like ones shaped like Horton or Transformers. We cut these both down a little and put them under the overhang next to our biggest theaters.

Edwin Schwing
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-29-2008 12:04 AM      Profile for Edwin Schwing   Email Edwin Schwing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Standees do a great service to our industry.

Some are better than others. Some jump out at the customer (guest) others sort of sit there looking like a giant poster, or worse yet a giant ugly poster.

If you are the one putting together the standee, have you ever put a puzzle together? There are no instructions included in a puzzle, just a picture. Figure it out. (unless you don't like puzzles, then make someone else do it)

If you don't want certain standees, then call up Deluxe or Technicolor or your local supplier and tell them that you don't want to receive standees anymore.

Personally, I give the UPS, DHL and Fed-Ex guy HELL every day I see them if they don't bring me a standee. Half the time they cringe when they see me if they don't have a standee for me! (ha ha) BUT they don't hesitate to ask for passes....

As far as the BOLT standee is concerned, it is pretty ugly and unimaginative. Especially coming from Disney... But, it is big and shiny, and I don't know about your customers, but mine like big shiny things for some reason.

That's my 2 cents.

E

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-29-2008 02:54 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like standees but we don't have room for the huge ones. Sometimes I've used pieces and parts out of them where we do have space - the logos and cutouts of the characters and such.

I have noticed we're getting fewer of them these days - it's kind of disheartening to read here that some people just "throw them away" while there are other locations that would appreciate getting them.

I don't know why the film companies don't come up with a way to allow theatres to order items they want and would use, rather than just shipping them out higgledy-piggledy to locations where they get (a) thrown out or (b) lost in the shuffle.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-30-2008 06:19 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jeremy Weigel
Yep. And it had no instructions. It was thrown out before I came in for my shift.
Did you mean they threw out the whole thing [Eek!] or that the instructions had been thrown away?

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2008 11:05 PM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had several standees shipped without instructions. Either that or they somehow were removed during shipping since one came busted open on one side.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2008 11:08 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Get Smart standee arrived without instructions. I called Technicolor and got them to send us the instructions via e-mail attachment.

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-30-2008 11:22 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately the "Bolt" standee was already in the dumpster with garbage piled on by the time I came in that evening. Otherwise I would have gotten it out and called technicolor for the instructions. The manager on duty didn't know that we could do that. I've even had to call Drissi to order missing parts for some their standees like "Cat in the Hat". It was missing the the legs of one of the whos.

quote: Mike Blakesley
I have noticed we're getting fewer of them these days - it's kind of disheartening to read here that some people just "throw them away" while there are other locations that would appreciate getting them.
I certainly know what ya mean. This was the first Disney standee we've received in years (since becoming an independent). I've tried getting us put on "auto" ship lists, but I'm usually told they don't do that. I do however, order standees for Fox and Sony pics on their exhibitor sites when they are available.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: