Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Anybody seeing "Wall-E" walkouts?

Author Topic: Anybody seeing "Wall-E" walkouts?
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-28-2008 09:26 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've had about 6 people so far walk out of Wall-E mid-show. Mostly people with little kids who "got bored." That's more walkouts than the last three or four dozen Disney movies combined.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

|  IP: Logged

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2008 10:30 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No walk outs so far. I've stepped in a few times to catch audience reactions at various points and they were awing & laughing.

Galen Murphy-Fahlgren
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2008 12:48 AM      Profile for Galen Murphy-Fahlgren   Email Galen Murphy-Fahlgren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't work Saturday, but Friday all through the day it was extremely busy. I went to see it again at the Saturday 11:30p showing, which only had a few dozen. I have not heard anything from the floor staff about customers complaining.

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2008 08:53 AM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No one yet. - matt

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-30-2008 12:41 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had a smallish crowd Saturday night due to several big other local events going on, but really nice crowds Sunday with no walk-outs. Maybe the Friday events were a fluke, I hope.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 06-30-2008 01:03 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even though I haven't seen Wall*E yet, but just by the content in the preview of this film, it looks like another 'buddy' movie as with "Ratatouille" of last year in which there were walkouts on that one due to the simple fact that there wasn't anything that children can relate to - their own special "heroes" as with other Disney/Pixar fliks..

..yet my daughter and her BF really enjoyed Wall*E and told me that the wife and I must definitely see it.

Laurie Higgins
Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2008 04:08 PM      Profile for Laurie Higgins   Author's Homepage   Email Laurie Higgins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this on Sunday. It was great. The theater was full of parents with their kids. At one point this really cute little girl who had to be 3 at the most answered Wall E at one point, it was very cute.

Also of note, alot of people stayed through the credits which is not the usual thing. Usually we are the only ones, maybe just a couple others who make it that long.

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2008 06:39 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I periodically check the pass log, primarily to ascertain if there were any projection/sound complaints. I noticed two walkouts on the opening matinee last Friday. Manager on duty told me it was a senior couple who said they didn't like the movie.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-02-2008 11:58 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son saw it the other night and said it was disappointing.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2008 02:37 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Laurie Higgins
Also of note, alot of people stayed through the credits which is not the usual thing
Perhaps they'd died of boredom [Roll Eyes]

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 07-05-2008 05:47 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I stayed through the credits when I saw it and so did maybe a quarter of the rest of the audience. Loved the Buy n Large tag at the end. [Eek!]

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2008 10:38 AM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Laurie Higgins
Also of note, alot of people stayed through the credits which is not the usual thing. Usually we are the only ones, maybe just a couple others who make it that long.
maybe they were waiting for some post credit animation (i.e, Kung Fu Panda) [Wink] (I don't think Pixar does that sort of thing)

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 07-08-2008 10:41 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jonathan Goeldner
I don't think Pixar does that sort of thing
The Buy n Large tag at the end sort of qualifies as a credit cookie. [Smile]

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 07-08-2008 01:26 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Pixar does do special credits, but they do them in a big way! For several films, including Toy Story II and Monsters, Inc., they replaced the entire last reel with a special version with outtakes in the credits. They did this after the first run release had been out for a while, as a nice hook to get people to come back and see the movie in theatres a second time.

--jhawk

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: