Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » when do you get your prints (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: when do you get your prints
Ramin Hashemi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2008 10:32 AM      Profile for Ramin Hashemi   Email Ramin Hashemi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We usually do not get our prints till Wednesday or Thursday for movies on the break, and Friday morning if it is off the break and theatre transfer. When do you, especially smaller theatres, get your on the break movies?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-30-2008 12:24 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TES movies: Usually a day before they open via DHL, before noon

Deluxe/ETS movies: Usually the day they open via UPS, by 2:00 PM

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 05-30-2008 01:05 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Technicolor prints usually show up around 1:00pm the day before they open. ETS prints usually show up between 4:00pm and 8:00pm two days before release. However, yesterday our ETS courier just told us it may wind up being Thursday mornings most of the time because he's having to replan his routes due to higher gas prices.

Michael McGovern
Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2008 01:17 PM      Profile for Michael McGovern     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Deluxe prints usually come anywhere between 3pm to 7pm on Wednesday, while I have Technicolor Prints by noon on Thursday.

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 05-30-2008 01:22 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Deluxe/ETS Thursday evening between 6 and 9 pm. Technicolor, Thursday between 10am and 1pm.

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2008 01:28 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At my theatre, we get our Technicolor Prints on Thursday after 3pm and on Friday morning at around 5am. Sometimes, when a print comes from a different that comes in those Orange TES Cans, we get those on Friday mornings as well.

Occassionally, I will receive a Print from United Artists Horton Plaza 14 in which I or another person makes arrangements for pick-up.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 05-30-2008 02:49 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DFS hard drives: Mondays or Wednesdays
TES hard drives: Wednesdays
AccessIT hard drives: Wednesdays
AccessIT satellite transfers can happen at any time

-Aaron

Philip Jordan
Film Handler

- posted 06-04-2008 04:55 PM      Profile for Philip Jordan   Email Philip Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our manager pick's up the film's from Deluxe on tuesday's and and from moving print on Wednesday.

Michael Dolan
Film Handler

- posted 06-08-2008 05:54 PM      Profile for Michael Dolan   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Dolan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Usually our owner picks the print up on tuesday in the atlanta depot then he brings them up here to NE GA around 6:00pm on wed.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2008 06:42 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Philip Jordan
Our manager pick's up the film's...
quote: Michael Dolan
Usually our owner picks the print up...
Theatre staff having to go pick up their own prints from the depot? I've never heard of that before! Is this practice common?

Michael Dolan
Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2008 07:42 PM      Profile for Michael Dolan   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Dolan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it is that common at all. My theater is out in the middle of nowhere in the woods. We are also closed mon-wed. and don't open till 0800pm Thursday night so They make us have to go to Atlanta 2 1/2 hours away to get the film from the depot there. The owner lives in Atlanta so its not that bad he just grabs it on his way up.

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 06-12-2008 07:27 AM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For Deluxe (DFS), most theatres contract with a local shipping company who delivers films from the DFS depot to the theatre. But DFS is also happy to let you do it yourself ("WILL CALL").

--jhawk

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2008 09:04 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We pick up all of our DFS prints since the depot is only 20 minutes away in OKC.

Philip Jordan
Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2008 09:08 AM      Profile for Philip Jordan   Email Philip Jordan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael.

Are cinema is only 10 miles between both depots, when we first opened 10 years ago we used to have a courier that brought us our films but he was getting to expensive so it was decided to use our own staff to get them and pay them travelling allowance.
Our chain of cinema's in Northern Ireland get there own films, but the others still use that same courier.

Andy Muirhead
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2008 08:02 PM      Profile for Andy Muirhead   Email Andy Muirhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Michael Brown
Theatre staff having to go pick up their own prints from the depot? I've never heard of that before! Is this practice common?
I remember it used to be that way when I first started. There was one guy that would go and pick up the prints on Friday morning from Rank in Glasgow, and drop of all the prints at the cinemas. At that time the family I worked for (and still do) had Cinemas in Glenrothes, Kelso and Galashiels. I remember going with him once or twice just for the run, and it was quite amazing going into the Rank depot in Glasgow and seeing all the films in the huge warehouse.

For the record, these days our prints arrive mostly by DHL and usually on a Monday or Tuesday. Rarely as late as Thursday and if they aren't here by Wednesday then they get chased up. Some prints can arrive a week early.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: