Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » possible to add oil pump to popcorn machine

Author Topic: possible to add oil pump to popcorn machine
Rick Meister
Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2008 04:53 PM      Profile for Rick Meister   Email Rick Meister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone. severeal years ago when money was really tight I had to buy a popcorn machine and purchased a citation model 2001 without the oil pump. Well the other day on ebay I purchased a gold medal pump model 2114 and would like to add it to my machine. what do you think is it possible? I called gold medal they say not its not but it doesnt seem like it should be that tough to me. I would need the oil funnel, oil tube, and a anew crossbar for the kettle which according to the manual I got with the machine is not available? if it was with the orginal purchase if you orderd the oil option why not without? looks to me like adding a couple switches for the electrical and tubing and the above mentioned parts would be possible. soes anyone know of another kettle model number that would have the tube and crossbar that would work for me? gold medal didnt want to help at all. Thanks everyone appreciate all the things I learn here.

|  IP: Logged

Alen Gann
Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2008 05:36 PM      Profile for Alen Gann   Email Alen Gann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I work on a lot of concession equipment and have done a lot of crazy stuff. Anthing is possible with a little imagination. If you take some clear plastic tubbing and go down the side of the arm and zip tie good , you may have to put a hole in the kettle cover. Thats how I think I would do it. Good luck

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-26-2008 05:51 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go buy you a 7700 series pump from Cretors - pumps sits on top of a 5 gal bucket, or you can go BIB style.

Tristan Lane
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2008 08:52 PM      Profile for Tristan Lane   Email Tristan Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course it's possible, but you'll need more than the parts specified.

The pump requires a control module that has a set time to dispense, ensuring the proper amount of oil pumped into the kettle. Check the astro-pop manuals for details on all the parts needed for the oil-pump.

In addition to the funnel, tubing, and crossbar, you will need the heated wire to keep things from plugging up.

Rick Meister
Film Handler

- posted 05-27-2008 12:36 AM      Profile for Rick Meister   Email Rick Meister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the replies. the seasoning pump I have has a ajustment knob for pump seconds and for heat minutes. as well as a switch for start high heat and a indicator light for heat. thinking that it is a self contained unit? that sound right?

Tristan Lane
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-28-2008 01:37 PM      Profile for Tristan Lane   Email Tristan Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it sounds like an add-on option. Your biggest challenge will be routing the aluminum tubing and hotwire to the top of the machine. If it has settings on the pump then you won't need the timer module I was talking about.

On the astro-pop models the tube runs up the front right corner of the machine in the void between the corner and the 45 degree corner plate.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: