Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » IJ4 The Popcorn Movie

Author Topic: IJ4 The Popcorn Movie
Edwin Schwing
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2008 02:35 AM      Profile for Edwin Schwing   Email Edwin Schwing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was around for The Passion of the Christ. That was a popcorn movie.

There have been no other "Popcorn Movies" since.

I have read all the reviews on here, and all the predictions.

The reviews have been bad, but MY popcorn sales have been through the ROOF!!!!

GO IJ4!!!

E

|  IP: Logged

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2008 01:20 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Edwin Schwing
I was around for The Passion of the Christ. That was a popcorn movie.
Really? Was that a joke? Our per caps were awful here for Passion. Something about the subject matter took away people's appetite...

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 05-24-2008 01:22 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must agree....popcorn sales sucked when we played Passion.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-24-2008 03:41 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here. "Passion" was anything but a popcorn movie.

Robert LaValley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2008 02:54 PM      Profile for Robert LaValley   Email Robert LaValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i sold more senior tickets then any other movie I had at my two screen when we played passion. and I agree with everyone, the per cap was terrible.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 05-25-2008 03:41 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think we passed out more Kleenex than we sold popcorn.

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2008 09:39 PM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Passion (biggest movie ever at my theatre) was also the biggest ever for BOTTLED WATER.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: