Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Fandango and Netflix

Author Topic: Fandango and Netflix
Joe Elliott
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-26-2008 03:03 PM      Profile for Joe Elliott   Email Joe Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else notice that when you go to your local theater times on Fandango, a Netflix ad pops up? I did a spyware scan, and when back to it, because I thought that would be a conflict of interest, but there it was again. The box office portal for virtually all the theaters in the US advertises netflix? Anyone else annoyed by that?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 04-26-2008 04:09 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Avid moviegoers are also avid video-watchers.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 04-26-2008 09:54 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They make popup blockers and browsers with them integrated for a reason.

And like Mike pointed out:
It makes perfect sense for netflix to be advertised on there. This is called gearing your ads based on the type of audience. People interested in seeing movies at theaters likely just plain like seeing movies period.

My old theater would have advertisement slides for local restaurants but using what you're saying, that's a conflict because they'll not buy our concessions if we do that.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2008 09:53 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh yeah, We used to show rolling stock commercials for TV shows, and other forms of entertainment that take people away from going to the movies [Roll Eyes] I hope that AD revenue was worth the potential loss of customers! [puke]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: