Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » $35 per ticket?

Author Topic: $35 per ticket?
Wayne Keyser
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2008 05:08 PM      Profile for Wayne Keyser   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Keyser       Edit/Delete Post 
According to boingboing.com, "Village Roadshow Gold Class Cinemas is building 50 new super-premium theaters across the nation, with leather armchairs, valet parking, and chairside waiters who serve freshly prepared sushi and other seat-treats. Tickets will cost $35. Each complex will sport theaters featuring 40 reclining armchair seats with footrests, digital projection and the capability to screen 2-D and 3-D movies, as well as a lounge and bar serving cocktails and appetizers, a concierge service and valet parking. But the circuit will especially push its culinary offerings — made-to-order meals like sushi and other theater-friendly foods from on-site chefs (a service button at each seat calls a waiter). Moviegoers will have to pay extra for any food they order, however."

So ... I shouldn't be looking for any 99c matinees, I guess.

Here's a link to the article in VARIETY: LINK

|  IP: Logged

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2008 05:49 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would think that those folks who could afford $35 a ticket (for starters) could also afford their own private screening room. [Smile]

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 03-28-2008 08:40 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I pointed this out in the thread on the new openings thread since my old theater is one of them that's part of that deal.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 03-28-2008 08:55 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
See post in other thread.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: