Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Pepsi discounts for Independent Theatres

Author Topic: Pepsi discounts for Independent Theatres
Cody Martin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2008 07:06 AM      Profile for Cody Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

My employer wanted me to see what kind of discount Pepsi gives some of the other independents who are volume users. We are getting ready to renogiate our contract and any advise would be great.

Thanks for your help,
Cody

|  IP: Logged

Donna Sylvester
Film Handler

- posted 02-23-2008 02:04 AM      Profile for Donna Sylvester   Author's Homepage   Email Donna Sylvester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get National Pricing for my two single screens. They are not "volume user" by any means. I tried for a rebate, but after a review of my purchases was denied. The pizza parlor in town gets rebate checks twice a year based on how much product is purchased. A volume user should get that.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 02-23-2008 07:02 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you purchase from the pizza parlor if he is a friend? You could then split the additional rebate. Louis

Sam Cat
Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2008 09:45 AM      Profile for Sam Cat   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Cat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The soda companies generally have a cluase that you can't resell their products to other wholesalers.

I know we have it in ours.

We are in Australia.

Having negotiated two contracts here it all depends upon your volume. These are a few guesses from my experience to give you an idea.

I have had a cafe bext door to us paying around $13 per litre. Not sure how much soda they were using but were turning over in total around $10,000 per week.

I have estimated probably about 1500 litres per screen on average.

For a three screen I think the rate would be around $10 per litre.

For a 6 screen complex around $8 per litre.

For a 9 screen complex around $6.

For a circuit with around 25 screens around $5.

Over 100 screens around $3.50.

Mac Donalds or something like that around $2.

These are just guesses to give you an idea.

In Australia with Pepsi and Coke if you give them an exlusive with the bottles drinks they would generally decrease their post mix price.

Does any one else have any other experience?

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2008 04:31 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was managing a single screen in Iowa in '06 Pepsi gave us a 10% discount if we ran their trailer which they changed every month.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2008 10:06 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We joined the "National Independant Concessionaires Association" for the sole purpose of getting our Coca Cola account switched over to truly "National Pricing". The membership fee to join was $120 a year, and the savings on the Coke products was $30.00 per 5 gallon BIB. We were getting screwed over by our local Coca Cola bottler - paying $81 for a 5 gallon BIB. After joining NICA, we now pay $51.20 for a 5 gallon BIB. We made back the cost of membership with the savings on our first order.

We actually have 2 Coca Cola accounts now. One with the local bottler for our Dasani and bottled drinks, and one thru Coca Cola USA for our BIB. It's all delivered by the local bottler. Funny thing, as soon as we switched over to Coca Cola USA for our BIB, our local sales rep dropped our account as fast as she could. I guess we were the ones paying for her new Lexus.

NICA also has a National Account pricing for PEpsi as well, and with the Pepsi - they do offer a rebate program.

If you qualify for membership - I'd definetely look into it.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 07-02-2008 07:59 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$56.07 for BIB at Sam's Club today. Louis

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-02-2008 08:38 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$54 here, direct from our local Pepsi bottler.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2008 08:49 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our local Sams won't sell it to us. They are not allowed to because of both their contracts and our contracts with Coca Cola.

Scott McGuire
Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2008 12:24 AM      Profile for Scott McGuire   Email Scott McGuire   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How does Sam's Club know that you have a contract with Coke? Does Coke own the equipment that you use to serve their product or do you own it? If you do can they still make you buy direct from them?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: