Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Cretors B-I-B topping dispenser questions

Author Topic: Cretors B-I-B topping dispenser questions
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-04-2008 01:51 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As part of our remodel we are considering installing the Cretors bag-in-box topping dispenser. The spec sheet shows the warmer to be 22" deep, but our cabinet is only 20" deep.

My question is, could we install the warmer under the counter "sideways" while the topper part is still facing forward? (I assume the warmer is not "hard-connected" to the topper, but just connected by a hose...am I right?) I realize we'd have to swivel the warmer out to change boxes, but that wouldn't be a huge problem. I'm just wondering if there would be any problems with that type of installation.

Also if there are any operation problems/issues with this machine I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Andy Bergstrom
Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2008 03:21 PM      Profile for Andy Bergstrom   Email Andy Bergstrom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,
I don't know specifically about the Cretors, but have installed several of the Gold Medal BIB butter pumps. Those are a little more user friendly to work with and seem to be quite dependable. Just another option to check out. We get just the tower and the undercounter pump and mount it into the counter.

David Zylstra
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2008 03:21 PM      Profile for David Zylstra   Email David Zylstra   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We use the Cretors warmer with the BIB butter dispenser mounted on top.

If it is roughly the same unit it looks like it should work - the warmer for the butter BIBs is merely a 2 tier tray that holds the BIBs (looks to be the same as their popping oil BIB warmers/pumps without the timer). As long as the wiring and hose have enough slack when you change BIBs you should be OK - but you may eventually have to replace hoses and wiring more often than some due to the constant movement.

I know we have had some issues with these, but I don't remember specifics; but overall I beleive they have been reliable (our first 18 screen has had them for 5+ years and the manager says he has seen few issues). Last year we replaced a our concession stand at our old 10 screen and installed the Cretors warmer/butter pumps - a few of the units had issues within the first few months, I heard grumblings about missing parts from the person who did the repairs (there was also a fight to get Cretors to ship the missing parts since we did not notify them they were missing when we took delivery, but the units worked fine initially).

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: