Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Regal Cinemas takes over another one. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Regal Cinemas takes over another one.
Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2008 03:27 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the company I work for [uhoh]

Press Release

Regal Entertainment Group Announces Agreement to Acquire Consolidated Theatres
Knoxville, Tennessee - January 15, 2008 -- Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), a leading motion picture exhibitor owning and operating the largest theatre circuit in the United States, today announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Consolidated Theatres for approximately $210 million in cash.

The proposed acquisition will add a total of 28 theatres with 400 screens to Regal's portfolio and enhance Regal's presence in Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia. The consummation of the acquisition is subject to customary closing conditions.

"We expect the acquisition of Consolidated Theatres to be accretive to cash flows and earnings and are pleased to announce an agreement to purchase these high quality assets," stated Mike Campbell, Chairman & CEO of Regal Entertainment Group. "Accretive acquisitions are a key component of our overall business strategy and we look forward to a successful closing and integration of the Consolidated Theatre assets during the first half of 2008," Campbell continued.

Forward-looking Statements:

This press release includes "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All statements included herein, other than statements of historical fact, may constitute forward-looking statements. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, it can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to be correct. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the Company's expectations are disclosed in the risk factors contained in the Company's 2006 Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 26, 2007. All forward-looking statements are expressly qualified in their entirety by such factors.

About Regal Entertainment Group

Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC) is the largest motion picture exhibitor in the world. The Company's theatre circuit, comprising Regal Cinemas, United Artists Theatres and Edwards Theatres, operates 6,355 screens in 526 locations in 39 states and the District of Columbia. Regal operates theatres in all of the top 25 and 43 of the top 50 U.S. designated market areas. We believe that the size, reach and quality of the Company's theatre circuit not only provide its patrons with a convenient and enjoyable movie-going experience, but is also an exceptional platform to realize economies of scale in theatre operations.

Additional information is available on the Company's Web site at www.REGmovies.com.

Financial Contacts:
Don De Laria
Regal Entertainment Group
Vice President - Investor Relations
865-925-9685
don.delaria@REGmovies.com

Media Contact:
Dick Westerling
Regal Entertainment Group
Senior Vice President - Marketing
865-925-9539
dick.westerling@REGmovies.com

|  IP: Logged

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 01-15-2008 04:19 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dennis Benjamin
to realize economies of scale in theatre operations
Stupid economies of scale! [uhoh]

Paul Van Dusen
Film Handler

- posted 01-15-2008 10:25 PM      Profile for Paul Van Dusen   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Van Dusen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Consolidated USED to be a top notch company hell bent on excellent presentation. I guess we'll see if that continues.

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 01-15-2008 11:02 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Consolidated's Commonwealth 20 has been so much better than the Regal houses it's been worth the drive across town, I guess soon it will be as mediocre as the rest of the Regals.

Ed Alvarado
Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2008 12:22 AM      Profile for Ed Alvarado   Author's Homepage   Email Ed Alvarado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow dude as an ex- :fu:REGAL:fu: employee I WISH AND HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS but thats just me and i hope anybody who works for them besure to cover your back all times.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 01-16-2008 12:34 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Ed Alvarado
wow dude as an ex- :fu:REGAL:fu: employee I WISH AND HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS but thats just me and i hope anybody who works for them besure to cover your back all times.
1) Grow up.

2) Learn some grammar.

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2008 09:48 PM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Ed Alvarado
Let me guess...you got fired from Regal because you did not agree with management. Sorry you had a bad experience with them but they have treated me very well for the 13 years I have been working for them and guess what...I actually give a damn about presentation. There are quite a few of us out there too. Because YOU had a bad experience does not mean that the company as a whole SUCKS. Do not get wrong, it is not perfect by any means and there are problems that need to be addressed but NO company is perfect and has no problems.

My suggestion is to you is to...

1. Like Chris Slycord stated...Grow up.
2. Think your arguments through before you post flame bait on a public forum.

Dennis and I have brief history with each other in Regal and he is good people. He has also had problems with Regal that were unfortunate but happened. At least he was an adult about it and did not put a post out there with ignorant wording like "regal sux...just because."

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2008 10:07 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have no ill feelings for anyone at Regal Cinemas. Mike, Charlie, and Rick Campbell have always treated me with respect. Most of the people I had issues with no longer work for Regal.

I have this 'thing' about Corporate America, that's all.

Working for a Giant Chain has it's ups and downs. I really just wanted to work for one company for longer than 5 years. Every time I turn around, someone is buying out someone else. I have personally been involved with three buyouts in my career. It gets old after a while. You know?

Mr. Stone (president of Consolidated) is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. I wish I could have worked for him longer. But that's not going to happen.

We will see how things go in the coming months. Maybe it's not such a bad thing. A theatre is only as good as the manager running it. [thumbsup]

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2008 01:30 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dennis Benjamin
A theatre is only as good as the manager running it.

This is a painfull truth for most.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-17-2008 04:22 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also used to work for REG, but had to leave since I was denied benefits-benefits that I could have had if the manager would have followed his DM's instructions on the payscale that the DM granted me which matched the ast. mgr's title - which projection people were automatically assigned as ast.mgrs anyway.

But the manager didn't want me to have that title and thus HR listed me as floorstaff, which is denied mgr benefits that I desparately needed due to my health conditions.

Otherwise, I had no probs with REG either-just the adjustment from EDWs to REG was the hard part to accept and be adjusted with.

One has to remember: You went to the employer to get a job. T hat employer didn't come to you. If you act up and fail at the job, don't blame the employer for your actions since things didn't go your way and you were thinking that you were RIGHT all the time.

When you got hired on with that employer, you accepted their conditions and work requirements - sorry, doesn't work the other way.

-Monte

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-17-2008 06:18 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless, of course, you unionize and get a collective bargaining agreement. Then the working conditions, benefits and such can be negotiated. Oddly enough, management is denied such opportunities...particularly lower-management that normally don't reap any benefits of the title.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-17-2008 02:51 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..which I did have when I was in the union. But Idaho did the most stupidest thing by voting for the right-to-work along with circuits not renewing contracts, yet 'grandfathering' us into their employee system so we can keep our jobs and positions.

Yes, I was miffed on what that mgr did to me - thinking that I was one of his better employees until he was told that, with my payscale, that I'd be assigned the title of an ast.mgr .. and that didn't set with him at all.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2008 03:04 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I wanted to, I could go on a rant about Mann Theatres (the Southern Californian chain) as I was let go by them. However, I talked to the press about why the movies on screen were so dark there and...suffered the repurcussions. I did it. I own up to it. I moved on.
I was working there one shift a week anyway.
After Cinemark aquired the Mann theatres in Lubbock and Amarillo, they aquired the UA theatre in Lubbock and I ended up back inside that building again (this being the Fox theatre.)
But I don't talk to the press...
And I don't air my theatres' dirty laundry on line.
If one has a case against their former employer, and can legally justify it, take them to court.
If not, move on.

Ron Funderburg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2008 03:19 PM      Profile for Ron Funderburg   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Funderburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who has not worked for both good and bad employers? I have had both, major chains, little chains, mom and pop. What makes it good or bad is the local managers and the DM's the upper management only makes it either easy or hard to be good but a good manager runs a good theater and makes it so! A bad manager it doesn't matter what group he works for has issues!

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2008 03:23 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a proverb:
The Fish Stinks From The Head Down.
The head, in this case, would be the theatre manager.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: