Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Wall-mount one-sheet frames

Author Topic: Wall-mount one-sheet frames
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-09-2008 12:34 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone got a good contact for wall-mounted, unlit one-sheet frames? These would be for indoor use. I checked the Showtime Buyers' Guide (from IME) and surprisingly didn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2008 02:08 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BASS makes some really nice ones.

BASS Industries

We use the BASS Loc Frames. I believe they also come with a 2-3mil clear protective cover for the one-sheets.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 01-09-2008 10:00 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here. They do come with the plastic sheets.

Andy Bergstrom
Film Handler

- posted 01-09-2008 10:25 AM      Profile for Andy Bergstrom   Email Andy Bergstrom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Give Karen a call at Bass. Their frames are great quality and priced reasonably. Good people to work with.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 01-14-2008 07:24 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are looking for economy, try American Frame. Clicky here. They have a whole slew of frame types from aluminum to wood, modern to traditional for real paintings and the like. You buy the frame pieces by the inch, sizing it to your exact needs, they give you all the hardware with the pieces. Then all you need is foamcore for the backing (or if you really want to cut corners, you can even use cardboard as the backing -- save those wide screen TV shipping boxes you got that Santa got you). We used these frames to make a bunch of 1-sheet frames for the lobby and they look great.

The reason I like them is that YOU size them, you are not locked into given frame sizes. Typically we make them taller than a 1-s so that we can put our logo above the poster and a dater below it. I get thin plastic sheet from ACE Hardware to cover the entire poster -- the frame has as spacer that holds plastic which slips into it.

You can make a really professional looking frame for under $50. On one of them we made the frame wider than the 1-s and bought a string of christmas tree lights which has one of those chaser controllers for like $10 with a 120 light string. We drilled holes all around the inside parimeter of the frame and inserted the bulbs; the thing has 5 different chase formats and variable speed -- all the chase variable you could possibly want. Choose to taste or let it go random - I swear it looks like a pro unit....and the cost is laughable (gotta love those Chinese imports).

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-25-2008 11:20 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack/Jeremy: Do those Bass Loc frames have a hinged door to open the frame, or does the poster slip into a slot or something?

(The Bass website would benefit from some more detailed information!)

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 01-25-2008 12:15 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Bass Loc edges pop out 90 degree via spring hinges. Their factory is 3 minutes from my office on the "other side of the tracks" industrial park [Smile]

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2008 12:48 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mike,

I'll take some pics of them when I go this afternoon.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-28-2008 09:35 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jeremy - didja get those pics?

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-29-2008 12:49 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about that. Been trying to upload the pics,but it keeps telling me that my user name/password are incorrect even though I have to login to post. [Confused] Anyway, PM your email addy and I'll send them directly to ya.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 01-29-2008 11:15 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just click on his name and it'll bring up his profile... which includes his email.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: