Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Strange Lost and Found Items (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Strange Lost and Found Items
Chris Mosel
Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2008 08:48 PM      Profile for Chris Mosel   Email Chris Mosel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two weeks ago we found a (fake)cell phone that is actually a stun-gun. This has got to be among the oddest items found in my 17 years. No one has called or come by asking for it yet. Has anyone else found anything this far out of the norm?

|  IP: Logged

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 01-06-2008 09:35 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Off duty cop lost his gun here on Sunday night about 7 years ago during the 7.15 show. He discovered it was missing around 10.45 and came back to look for it at closing---11.30 or so. The cop and 3 theatre employees looked for it for 30 minutes before it was found, far from where he had been sitting.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 01-06-2008 09:48 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've come across a 45mm automatic that a guy found uncomfortable in his belt so he put it on a baseboard heater behind a curtain; a number of bindles or other containers of cocaine (ah, the 80's!), underware, a bra, all forms of lost bills (highest was $65), wallets with up to $400 and credit cards, cell phones by the scad, etc. Luci says the strangest is over the years how many glasses (reading and prescription) she's found that have not been claimed that she's taken to the Free Box. (Telluride has this place where you can drop off things you don't want for others to glean.... it's the Free Box.)

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 01-06-2008 10:10 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Underwear, mens and women is found often and frequently together(no surprize). Most money in a found wallet, $1200. What is truly amazing is the stuff that they don't come back for.

Ron Curran
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2008 10:26 PM      Profile for Ron Curran   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Curran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A wallet with $9,000 and no id. Handed it to the police station where it was claimed a week later.

Many sets of keys, including car keys ... do they walk home and forget that they once had a car?

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2008 02:35 AM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep $8000.00 in a wallet. It belonged to a guy that was working for my father.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2008 06:19 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back in 1996 I found an FBI I.D. wallet. I thought it was fake for about a day and a few of us went around acting like we were Mulder from the X-Files. Then the FBI agent who lost it showed up and we realized that it was real!

[Eek!]

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-07-2008 06:36 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At a theater I worked at 25 years ago, some assistant to the India ambassador left $12,000 in a briefcase after watching “Gandhi”. He claimed it the next day, but in the meantime the staff was going a little crazy deciding what to do with it!

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2008 09:58 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just the other evening we found a purse with quite a bit of cash inside. There was an ID but we couldn't cross reference it to a local phone number. The theater manager realized the address was not far away and he stopped there on his way home to return the purse. On Sunday the woman baked a big chocolate cake and brought it in for all the theater staff.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 01-07-2008 11:38 AM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember one of my old managers finding a sex bag (including some butt plugs).

Christopher Crouch
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2008 11:38 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch       Edit/Delete Post 
A prosthetic arm. The guy came back for it the same night, but how in the world does one forget their arm?

I've also found dentures several times. Again, how do you forget your teeth? And, why would you remove your teeth in a theatre to begin with?

Alan Plester
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2008 11:49 AM      Profile for Alan Plester   Email Alan Plester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had a box to keep eveything found in the cinema for three months, cheque books,credit cards, keys, hearing aid,and the all time favourite of ours was the left stilleto shoe. Worked at the place for nigh on 20 years, and we never got rid of it,just in case.

Alastair Comrie
Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2008 03:10 PM      Profile for Alastair Comrie   Email Alastair Comrie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At my other job (non theater) I found an entire dead lobster in the parking lot. A little strange considering it is a theme park in the middle of the city..

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2008 03:25 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my employees found a dead chicken in the parking lot. Still had feathers and a beak.
Likewise, we too get a lot of sunglasses and prescription glasses. When a customer returns and tells me they lost their sunglasses a week or so ago, they seem quite astounded when I bring down the large box we keep the sunglasses in...

Mike Sellars
Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2008 03:45 PM      Profile for Mike Sellars   Email Mike Sellars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Better false teeth question is... why would one take out their uppers and only leave those? That's the weirdest thing I ever found!

[thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: