Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » TES Rates going up

Author Topic: TES Rates going up
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-30-2007 03:06 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We just got a letter from Tech saying the delivery/pickup rates for prints will go up by $1.50 on Jan. 1 of next year, and will go up another $1.50 on 1/1/09.

So the new rates will be $21.61 as of 1/1/08, and $23.11 as of 1/1/09.

|  IP: Logged

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2007 03:23 PM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of curiosity... Do they charge the same amount to deliver a digital cinema hard drive as they do 70 lbs. worth of film in metal cans? Seems there would be a break on shipping at some point.

I'll give TES credit though... when they say it'll be delivered and picked up.. it is. Deluxe on the other hand is a logistical nightmare. I have prints sitting on my back porch at home from late summer still sitting there. Our local carrier said "he'll get around to it sooner or later".

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 11-30-2007 05:04 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might check with DFS about that, Barry. I've had them call me, looking for prints when that kind of thing has happened. Their records (and what the studios see) shows that you haven't returned a print that's been off-screen for some time. If you have a 3rd party courier, that might not get you off the hook if they decide to send you a nastygram.

As for TES, they sure have cleaned their act up... at least over here.

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2007 04:20 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No surprise. With gas prices going up, the increase figured to be a matter of time.

Now, if you really want to have your hair stand on end, check what you are paying, or will be paying for popping oil! [Eek!]

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2007 09:45 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only if you use Canola...

Yet another feather in the hat of Coconut...

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 12-02-2007 11:29 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
what you are paying, or will be paying for popping oil!
Haven't noticed that yet, John, but our pizza cheese has nearly tripled. I'm told that's because someone thinks the corn that feeds the cows is better used as automotive fuel. [Roll Eyes]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-03-2007 12:48 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The letter didn't say anything about digital prints.

FWIW, even with this increase the DHL 2-day rates that TES gets are very good compared to what it would cost to ship film via UPS...especially if the print is in 2 or 3 cans as opposed to a Fox box. UPS would be at least 2x as much, if not more.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: