Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » New Indiana Jones trailer on Beowulf? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: New Indiana Jones trailer on Beowulf?
Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-13-2007 10:59 PM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it was discussed, but I never heard for sure, nor have I found any info if the new Indiana Jones trailer will be included with Beowulf. It will most likely be named something completely ridiculous, but I was curious if anyone knows for sure if it will be with this movie?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-14-2007 10:20 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to IME, no. "Sweeney Todd" will be the attached trailer and there is a whole raft of enclosures, but Indy isn't one of them.

By the way the full name of the new Indy film is "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2007 10:34 AM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I know the complete title, but as demonstrated (and I won't get into this with you again) you got the idea by me simply calling it Indiana Jones.

Thanks for the info.

Mark Campbell
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2007 11:11 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Frank Dubrois
It will most likely be named something completely ridiculous
Isn't "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" ridiculous enough?

Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2007 11:58 AM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it is....however, studios seem to feel compelled to rename trailers to something even more ridiculous to hide them from.... something. Theft maybe? I dunno.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-14-2007 01:13 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Frank Dubrois
Yes, I know the complete title, but as demonstrated (and I won't get into this with you again) you got the idea by me simply calling it Indiana Jones.
I didn't realize you were referring to a "code name" on a trailer. Like Mark, above, I thought you were talking about the movie's title.

I've never seen a code-named trailer. Saw a code-named one-sheet once (Star Wars Ep. I was code named on the shipping tube).

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2007 01:42 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen any code-named trailers either.
There was that one un-named trailer involving what was supposed to be home video shots inside a party in New York that evolved into the Statue of Liberty's head rolling down the street...well, it was named but the movie was yet untitled. [Confused]

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2007 04:47 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've read online the attached trailer is going to be for JJ Abrams movie that was teased at on the front of Transformers. Its a full 2 1/2 min trailer.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-14-2007 05:48 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our Attack Of The Clones trailers were code named. Can't remember what though... [Confused]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-14-2007 06:21 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Kurt Zupin
From what I've read online the attached trailer is going to be for JJ Abrams movie
According to IME, that'll be one of the enclosures.

Here's the full list, for what it's worth:
Attached:
Sweeney Todd

Enclosed:
JJ Abrams Film
Caroline
Jumper
The Mist
Journey
The Golden Compass
Wanted
I Am Legend
National Treasure: Book of Secrets
In the Name of the King
U23D (on digital 3D prints only)

Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2007 06:36 PM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't it Cloverfield or something like that? Rumor was that is a Godzilla or monster movie of sometype. Still not sure.

I'll bet one of those trailers Mike listed, that we haven't heard about, might be the Indy movie. Episode III was name something funky too when it came in the can with The Incredibles. I don't remember what it was called though.

Shane Cooper
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2007 06:58 PM      Profile for Shane Cooper   Email Shane Cooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I can tell, all of the features Mike listed are actual projects being released, (except for Caroline which I can't find info on).

Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2007 08:13 PM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find it odd that a motion picture w/trailer has no info on it. Don't you? Bet thats it [thumbsup]

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 11-14-2007 08:15 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cloverfield is the name officially used in the credit info at the end of the trailer. Caroline is a 3-D only teaser trailer on Beowulf.

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2007 08:53 PM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IME made a typo. It's actually Coraline not Caroline. I searched Coraline and it appears that it's going to be released in 3D (hence the 3D trailer).

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: