Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » New Technicolor promo materials site

Author Topic: New Technicolor promo materials site
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-26-2007 03:22 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure how long this has been in effect, but TES has launched a new site for ordering onesheets and etc. It's at cool.technicolor.com.

It's by far the clunkiest site for ordering this stuff I've seen yet. Anyone else try it yet? Sony and Universal have the best sites. For Tech, I'll continue to use e-mail.

|  IP: Logged

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-26-2007 04:24 PM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad I can't order anything for my theater on TES because Carmike won't let us....

Tony Ratcliff
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2007 03:47 PM      Profile for Tony Ratcliff   Email Tony Ratcliff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The new technicolor site has been up for several months now.
And I totally agree that it is the worst site I've ever tried to order something on.
The old one was clunky, but managable. I used to complain about it, but I think it was gold compared to the new one.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 09-27-2007 03:58 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is damning with faint praise, but the site is the worst POS of any site on the Internet purporting to provide a service. It's not organized worth a damn, how it's set up doesn't make sense, and there's even no place you can make comments or contact them on the site. It sucks as bad as Technicolor.

Paul Van Dusen
Film Handler

- posted 09-27-2007 11:42 PM      Profile for Paul Van Dusen   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Van Dusen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Between you and me Allison, and I guess everyone else in the world who reads this, I run a Carmike and I order from exhibitor relations websites anyway. My DM thought it was a good idea, but that's probably because I'm second run and there aren't many trailers and posters available at the other Carmike theater's in the area for my to perform my ghoulish activites.

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2007 12:32 AM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,
I was ordering trailers up until last year thru TES. Then home office called one day and nicely chewed the manager out because of it. So, I stopped. Now we litterly have 1 trailer at the theater. Granted, we run all digital now, but in the past 3 weeks we've recieved one 35 print. Not that the patrons probably mind that they don't see any trailers on their movie, but still... [Smile] At least I can still ordre thru Fox, Sony, Universal.

The worst site is the BV site. Horrid!

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2007 05:21 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allison, the reason for that is if you order on your own you may get charged for promo materials, letting the home office do it gaurantees they'll be sent free of charge. There is an order email your manager should have; if you get booked for a 35mm film (and especially if you you're getting it off the break) just shoot an email out on Monday and you should have your trailers in time.

Steven J Hart
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2007 07:34 AM      Profile for Steven J Hart   Author's Homepage   Email Steven J Hart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Dustin Mitchell
letting the home office do it gaurantees they'll be sent free of charge.
Nice for Carmike - Independents like me have to pay shipping on all the one sheets and trailers that we order. We even have to pay $5.00 a piece for onesheets from some of the distributors. I've heard that the video rental places get their onesheets for free.

Yes, Technicolor's "improved" order site bites much worse than their old one.
Steve

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-28-2007 11:55 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve - Fox, Universal and Sony all have free materials (including shipping). If you contact the exhibitor relations people from the other companies, you can often get materials free of charge from them. (Trailers are tough though.)

You can get a list of exhibitor relations contacts here.

Steven J Hart
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2007 03:43 PM      Profile for Steven J Hart   Author's Homepage   Email Steven J Hart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, thanks for the info!
Steve

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 10-05-2007 04:24 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Technicolor's new website, "cool.technicolor.com" was launched back in the February-April timeframe.

I can tell you one reason that it's clunky, though. The "COOL" application does many other things than interface with exhibitors (I think the primary aspects of it are the interfaces that studio clients use), and the exhibitor section is not the focus of product development. I'm told that there is a lot of active development going on to improve it, though again, exhibitors (that's us) aren't the primary customers.

As for contact info, I'm sure if you either call 800-99-FILMS or email feedback@technicolor.com, they'd be happy to listen. I certainly passed on my thoughts when it went live...

--jhawk

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-05-2007 05:18 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a lot easier to just e-mail them for materials. Although they used to write back with info on what was available and what wasn't, where now they just say "Your order has been submitted" and you don't know what you got until you get it.

Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2007 02:37 PM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Techs web site has always been worthless, in each one of it's incarnations. I've always just emailed.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: