Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Auditorium data

Author Topic: Auditorium data
Thomas Pitt
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-28-2007 03:22 PM      Profile for Thomas Pitt   Email Thomas Pitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I visted a Cineworld cinema today, and was surprised to see that each auditorium has its own 'fact sheet' displayed by the entrance door. To give you some idea of the information it shows, here's one from the auditorium I was in:

Seats: 115
Leg Room: 1.2 metres
Screen Size: 3.7 x 7.5 metres
Speakers: JBLs on 6 channels
Projector: Kineton FP40
Sound: Dolby Digital
Infrared Sound: Available

In my opinion that's a little excessive for a casual moviegoer, but for people in the know, it's quite interesting!

All other cinemas I've been in don't give this information; the most they give is the sound system (Dolby, SDDS, DTS etc) and whether audio description headsets are available.

How much information do you give patrons at your cinema? [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-28-2007 07:22 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We don't have any signage about our equipment, except for a Dolby logo on the marquee. But, visitors to our website can find all of that information and more. Or they can just ask me when they go to a show, I'm nearly always there!

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2007 10:19 AM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Thomas Pitt
Screen Size: 3.7 x 7.5 metres
what ratio is that? 2.1 ?

Thomas Pitt
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2007 03:12 PM      Profile for Thomas Pitt   Email Thomas Pitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This particular auditorium's screen had no masking. Flat films only take up the middle of the screen; scope films fill the screen (fixed height effectively)

I'm guessing the 3.7 x 7.5 dimensions are for the full screen, i.e. scope format.

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2007 03:33 PM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In my location, we don't have any signage. If a customer wants to know, we can tell them.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2007 08:05 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been to UGC/Cineworld Sheffield for a while.

I loved those signs. [Big Grin]

Was that screen 1 (the smallest) you were in?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: