Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Transformers on ALL screens, 7/2 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Transformers on ALL screens, 7/2
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-02-2007 08:43 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is happening in Billings, MT tonight. Two complexes, 17 screens, all showing Transformers tonight at 8:00.

This must be happening other places...surprised it hasn't been mntioned here.

My wife was wanting to go to some other movie in Billings tonight and was a little put out that there were no other options. The ticket kid told her they'd only sold out about 1 1/2 screens in the 10-screen plex....with about 45 minutes to go until show time.

How is it doing elsewhere?

|  IP: Logged

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2007 11:27 PM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So THAT'S where our second print is. We are booked for only one print. I was shocked when I saw the bookings. We usually get two prints of all the big blockbusters (minus FF:ROTSS)

Thomas Pitt
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 12:25 AM      Profile for Thomas Pitt   Email Thomas Pitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you interlocking a single print on your 17 screens? Or do you actually have 17 prints of the Transformers movie?

It seems a bit excessive to run a single movie on all screens at once, unless you anticipate that everyone in the local area will be coming to see it (all screens sold out)!

Having said that though, it might be a good idea for people who have to go to the bathroom during the performance. With each screen being a minute or so behind the previous one (due to interlocking), you could choose your own re-entry point so you didn't miss any of the movie [Big Grin]

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 01:10 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had less than 100 show up for the 8pm showing.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-03-2007 01:12 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, I don't work at those places. I live in a neighboring town. The cinemas in Billings are Carmikes and are all digital.

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 02:24 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not every Carmike is doing this, our 12 screen theatre only had it on 4 screens tonight for the 8 and 11 shows.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-03-2007 02:34 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the Boise/Nampa area had their 8p screenings tonite. Know of one house only had 35 people show up for it..but, it wasnt' advertised in either paper, nor websites. More or less word of mouth sort of thingey.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-03-2007 02:36 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't let anyone know it's on...that's an interesting promotional strategy.

It did just over 8 Million bucks in Australia for the weekend. Normally, US goes 10 times as much as Australia for the same period meaning it should do $80million for a three day weekend. It should have a boffo first week total considering it's a week-and-a-half in reality.

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 09:38 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We only have two prints of this movie, showing in the 2 biggest auditoriums that we have. We started the movie yesterday at 8, 9:30 and 11:00. I don't know the exact figures yet, but, from what I saw on Sunday, not a whole lot of people purchased advanced tickets. I would say, at least during my shift, less than 100 people did buy tickets. I'm sure that more people did buy tickets after I left from my opening shift.

Josh Rosen
Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 09:43 AM      Profile for Josh Rosen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We ran a show at 8:00, 8:30 and 9 in our three biggest houses. All of them had no trouble selling out and I believe that the 8:00 pretty much sold out from pre-sales.

Blaine Young
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 12:46 PM      Profile for Blaine Young   Email Blaine Young   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We ran 4 screens during the 8pm set and 2 in the 11:30 set. None 'sold out', but we did have a good crowd. Nothing like the sell outs we had on 4 screens of both 8pm and 11pm showings of Pirates 3.

Kamil Jackson-Chaka
Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 02:11 PM      Profile for Kamil Jackson-Chaka   Email Kamil Jackson-Chaka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We ran 6 screens for our 8pm, and all of the sold out. we had a 9:45 and a 10:15, but those didn't do to well. I'm in a college town though, so a lot more of our population is the target of the movie.

Caleb Johnstone-Cowan
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-03-2007 05:07 PM      Profile for Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Email Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has it been well-received? I thought it may be the big loser this summer but the trailers are looking better and better and the strategy of not showing too much of the robots before the release seems to be working.

Transformers and Simpsons are both being released on the 27th July here. There's also a relatively big Bollywood release as well, so it is going to be the weekend from hell for most UK cinemas.

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2007 12:56 AM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of the shows that I have stepped into at the end have had applause from the audience.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2007 05:45 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had a surprise yesterday. After a lackluster 10AM showing on one screen of Transformers with a kids show running on the other largest screen, the floor manager decided to shut-down half of the consession stand for the day. Around 3PM, all hell broke loose with lots of Transformer watchers having to wait while we ran out of popcorn! Everyone that I have spoken to seems to like the film.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: