Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » GCC 80's snipe on the front page/video vault

Author Topic: GCC 80's snipe on the front page/video vault
Eric Hooper
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2007 07:45 PM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love it. Remember it well. This was the one before they came out with the new logo and the floating candy. They came out with that one around '86.

Does anybody have the floating candy snipe? Or even the Candy Band snipes to share?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-09-2007 10:35 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I remember that snipe playing at the GCC Yorktown twin way back in the 60's!

Mark

Alex Grueneberg
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-09-2007 10:58 AM      Profile for Alex Grueneberg   Author's Homepage   Email Alex Grueneberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eric you can find the GCC candy band intro on youtube here.

Not to mention there are a few other more recent policy trailers and snipes from Regal, celebration, marcus and also a personal favorite that has recently moved into snipe heaven here.

I only wish someone would upload the late eighties/early 90s Loews, Sony and Cineplex Odeon snipes as those were the ones I grew up with. Oh well...

[ 04-09-2007, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Alex Grueneberg ]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 04-09-2007 11:22 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think General Cinema put Pike Productions on the map.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 04-09-2007 12:07 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Alex Grueneberg
and also a personal favorite that has recently moved into snipe heaven
Man, it's only been a few months and it already makes me sad. I haven't seen a movie at a Century since the sale, mainly cause I'd cause a scene if that trailer didn't show.

quote: Tim Reed
I think General Cinema put Pike Productions on the map.

Well it certainly wasn't Hoyts. I saw one of their trailers that Pike did that Hoyts ran in 1995, aack was it lame.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: