Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Vogue Theatre Closes Doors. and reopens them

Author Topic: Vogue Theatre Closes Doors. and reopens them
Kara Tillotson
Film Handler

- posted 06-25-2007 04:26 PM      Profile for Kara Tillotson   Author's Homepage   Email Kara Tillotson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
poop in a cup.

So the people I worked for were not allowed to sign a new lease, even though they were originally supposed to I guess.. A new leaser is apparently opening the place back up on July 6th but that is literally all I know. One of the owners was in there a few days ago cleaning out old stuff from several years worth of past leasers.
I have no idea if I will be reemployed there or not

[ 07-03-2007, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Kara Tillotson ]

|  IP: Logged

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2007 09:56 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would suggest refraining from making comments of this nature on a public forum. As an employee of said theatre, I'm sure there is plenty of other stuff behind the scenes of which you are unaware...

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2007 10:26 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No offense Kara, but I think this is a good thing. While back in Michigan I stopped in and watched FF2 on Opening night. Went to the 8 or 9 what ever it was. There was maybe 15 people in there. You can go read my review over in the reviews section. Most of it is about the presentation.

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2007 08:21 PM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tripple scoops of poop in a cup!
Best of luck Kara, Its clear from your posts how much effort and passion you put into the place. Lets hope that a deal can be done, if not a new and more profitable job appears.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 07-02-2007 06:48 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kara,
if you really like working in theaters why not leave Manistee and get a job at a real theater thats financially in shape? Manistee is a small town that probably can't support a venue like that very well anyway. BTW: The first theater I ever ran film in was down in Pentwater back in 1971. Pair of Standard Simplex's and Strong 1KW arc lamphouses. Can't even remember what was there for sound... that was long ago! I believe the building is still there but has been converted to law offices.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: