Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Theater Opinions - Central Indiana

Author Topic: Theater Opinions - Central Indiana
Paul Rich
Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2007 08:06 PM      Profile for Paul Rich   Email Paul Rich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good presentation in central Indiana? I'm near Marion and Kokomo, but their offerings aren't too appealing. Any suggestions on theaters?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Strube
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2007 12:04 AM      Profile for Mark Strube   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Strube   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what my friend who goes to school near there tells me...

Goodrich Quality Theatres are okay, there are three in the area, one in West Lafayette, two in Lafayette. Eastside 9 is the one with nicest seats, only in their bigger rooms though. I know screen 3 is one of them, dunno about the rest. Presentation wasn't awful, they did have the volume up high enough on Vacancy to drown out the 15 year old peanut gallery most of the time.

The Lafayette 7 is smaller and a little scarier to sit in because all the creepy locals go there, but it's halfway decent despite having the smallest theatre lobby in the world.

The one on the Levee, Wabash Landing 9 I think it's called, is awful almost all the time. Presentation, cleanliness, employee attitude... all bad.

Cody Martin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2007 11:07 AM      Profile for Cody Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Canary Creek Cinemas in Franklin, IN(about 40 minutes south of Indy). I like to think we have a pretty good presentation and staff..but I am biased;-).

Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2007 05:25 PM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

I can't vouch for the place, but I do know that the Collins Road Theatre in Marion has a midnight series on weekends where you can see past favorites Back on the Big Screen. They ran Friday the 13th on Friday the 13th and Indiana Jones last weekend. Tonight is Dr. Strangelove.

Mark Strube
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2007 11:45 PM      Profile for Mark Strube   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Strube   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That'd be totally fine with him, although if they're getting archived, I'll see if he wants to elaborate on anything. I'll PM you.

Are you doing this for theatres anywhere in the USA? Because I wrote some reviews for local theatres that I could dig up.

Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2007 11:13 PM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mark. The reviews are posted. If your friend wants to change anything at all, just let me know.

And if you (or anyone else) want to contribute reviews for any theatres, please do.

[ 11-10-2007, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2007 01:02 AM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Strube
Are you doing this for theatres anywhere in the USA? Because I wrote some reviews for local theatres that I could dig up.
Yes I am Mark. Dig away! [Smile]

Jonesy
Movie Theatre Review Blog

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: