Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » old concessions/refresment trailers online?

Author Topic: old concessions/refresment trailers online?
Kara Tillotson
Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2007 06:19 PM      Profile for Kara Tillotson   Author's Homepage   Email Kara Tillotson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am looking for old time movie intermission trailers/ads for the refresments to put on our theatres myspace page.
I have been perusing youtube and found an old dr pepper one and the old "lets go out to the lobby" one
(BTW who remembers those cheesy ads on in the 80s and mid 90s that said lets go out to the kitchen...."

We sell coke products.....
"coke" tend to bring up everything related to cocaine and mentos...

|  IP: Logged

John McConnel
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2007 09:18 AM      Profile for John McConnel   Author's Homepage   Email John McConnel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck finding trailers. Here are four old ones that caught my fancy. It'd be nice to have new ones, with digital sound tracks...

The jazzy Dr. Pepper trailer, where the musical instruments dance around as the music plays, is really neat. At the end, it closes with, "Drink Dr. Pepper, Doc - Doctor Pepper, cause it ne-ver lets you down. Frosty, man. Frosty!"

"Clokey Coca Cola" was the title of an ancient all-instrumental Coke trailer that was good. One of the Sprite trailers I once used was ethereal and neat.

Armour Star hot dog intermission trailers, also ancient, were really good, too.

Don Furr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-08-2007 02:09 PM      Profile for Don Furr   Email Don Furr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try the FilmMack home page for Let's All Go To The Lobby. It's up there.

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 04-09-2007 03:22 AM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a lot Coke audio tracks.

Back in the 60s and 70s, Coke contracted with current Rock 'n Roll bands to sing their current chart songs blended with a Coke theme. There was also a company, something like the "Movietunes" of today, but aimed at drive-ins, that provided pre-show and intermission tapes, also with a Coke theme. We have roughly 80 cuts that welcome people to the drive-in and talk about concession items... and of course, Coke!

Tim probably knows about the old Coke film ads the best. Some of them are still around... Clyde Lionheart, Snack Canyon, Good Times, etc., though I doubt many are in great shape. I have sound tracks from a few Coke and Sprite ads, but we don't play the film anymore.

In any case, the old sound tracks add some great atmosphere... if you're a drive-in.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 04-09-2007 11:14 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't bother having any of the Coke trailers scanned out of fear of copyright issues, so I have no video versions. [Frown]

I do have a frame of a Pepsi trailer that was scanned, that I played around with.

Quentin Tarantino version.

FWIW, Cinema Concepts made the "Snack Canyon" trailer. Prints might still be available, but I doubt there are any online videos.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-14-2007 10:35 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinema Concepts sold the Snack Canyon trailer at least until the late 1990s (when I bought one), but apparently no longer does. I inquired about it recently, but they claim that they do not have prints or the negative for it. They do sell something called "Road to Mt. Snackmore," which is a somewhat inferior sequel to it. That version used to be (and probably still is) on their demo tape that they send out when people inquire about their trailers.

Kara Tillotson
Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2007 04:39 PM      Profile for Kara Tillotson   Author's Homepage   Email Kara Tillotson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was able to find the old "lets go out to the loby" and a randomn 70s coke ad on youtubve...funny stuff.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: