Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Proscreens in UK?

Author Topic: Proscreens in UK?
Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-10-2007 06:39 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been following a website here in the Uk on a website that calls it self www.proscreens.co.uk

They have been offering 35mm Projector Hire and a Projectionist Hire Agency and this weekend they plan to sale Kinoton & Cinemaccancia parts and service.

I can not locate this as a company other than two people running a website, just wondering has anyone heard about this Website and the work they claimed to offer?.

|  IP: Logged

Hugh McCullough
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2007 05:02 PM      Profile for Hugh McCullough   Author's Homepage   Email Hugh McCullough   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found out about this website when I was sent me an email about it last week.

Agree with you Ben. They just appear to be running a website, not a business.
No real technical information about the equipment they use, no example prices for their services, and no address except for their email.

Still, it must be good, they have a flash intro.

Caleb Johnstone-Cowan
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-11-2007 05:57 PM      Profile for Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Email Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They must be pretty old if they've put experience at Granada Theatres on, didn't Odeon buy up them in the 60's.

Probably should have spent less time on the flash intro and more on the technical info.

Ben Wales
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-13-2007 05:00 PM      Profile for Ben Wales   Email Ben Wales   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Hugh McCullough
Agree with you Ben. They just appear to be running a website, not a business.
No real technical information about the equipment they use, no example prices for their services, and no address except for their email.

Well it proves my theory about this site and what others have commented, here is what I found in a WHOIS search.

Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their address omitted from the WHOIS service

Gilles Elbhar
Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2007 03:27 PM      Profile for Gilles Elbhar   Author's Homepage   Email Gilles Elbhar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have contacted this website in 2006 December. I was interested to know the possibility of job in UK. The answers was fast; something like that :

(email 1) Yes, there is job in UK.
(email 2) What kind of money do you want ?
(email 3)When do you come from in UK ? ... And other emails ...

I have asked him for an interview. no answer.
I have asked him, if he can propose something ?
Answer was : I am waiting for a call from a cinema in London.

But a couple of days laters : nothing concrete.
disappointed [Frown] I forget it.

I think if this man was really interresting by a candidate. He asked him a resume (CV) and propose an interview. It is not a game.

Hugh McCullough
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2007 05:13 PM      Profile for Hugh McCullough   Author's Homepage   Email Hugh McCullough   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I emailed Proscreens a few days ago, just out of curiosity, asking them what projectors they had, and were there any job vacancies. Two simple requests requiring two simple answers.
I got a reply saying that they were "a bit lost".
Was I looking for a job, or projector hire.
The email finished with the words "all the best mate".
Not very businesslike.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: