Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Anyone using www.moviemarshal.com as a source of info?

Author Topic: Anyone using www.moviemarshal.com as a source of info?
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-28-2006 02:40 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only ask as I find it a great site providing info not only of US and A and UK box office, but also of Australia which is a rare beast indeed unless you want to pay for it. However every year about this time they seem to not pay their server bills or something as they go 'off the air' which is rather annoying.

Anyone know of these guys and what's going on?

|  IP: Logged

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2006 02:44 AM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no, but I will now.

Are you in Europe yet?

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-28-2006 06:56 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>John Wilson
Phenomenal Film Handler

Yes. [Wink]

Don't know when they'll be back online. I'm trying to find an old email address I once used to see what's going on. It's a great site and lists all release dates (until about June next year) and has a list of previous years releases also. Updates dates constantly and racks box office.

Sorry I missed you in Sydney...it was a quick day-and-a-bit visit.

Edit: Just got word they're getting it back on air before the end of the week.

[ 11-28-2006, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: John Wilson ]

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-03-2006 07:13 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
an alternate site I found nearly as good ,

http://www.infilm.com.au/boxoffice.htm

phil

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 12-04-2006 02:24 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Phil. I'll take a look.

Things must be worse than they first thought at MM as they're still not back. I spoke to one of the guys there and apparently (and I don't know how this happens) someone's taken the domain name from them. Sounds still like they didn't pay their bill.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 01-04-2007 01:59 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK...I was right...they didn't get their bill (or something) and someone else took the domain name.

They're back, but now they're at www.moviemarshal.com.au

They've been back a few days but I said I'd let them get it mostly working again before I let you guys know.

BTW, as far as infilm.com.au being a good second, I found them to be almost useless. They rarely update their box office results and when they do two weeks in a row have exactly the same take...not reliable at all.

Anyway, glad they're back...take a look.

We now resume our scheduled programming...

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2007 02:06 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am please they are back they do a good job suppling data etc , and yes I agree John that Infilm mob were quiet useless.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: