Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » AMC Theatre Design

Author Topic: AMC Theatre Design
Matt Hollis
Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2006 12:27 PM      Profile for Matt Hollis   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Hollis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have a photo or drawing of the layout of AMC's 30 screen giants? I've just been wondering how a theatre with so many screens is layed out. I appreciate the help.

Matt

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-18-2006 02:45 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think many of AMC's 30-plex sites vary in floor plan. However, they do tend to cram lots of tiny sized theaters into the design. That's certainly true of their Odyssey 30 design in Grapevine Mills northwest of Dallas.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2006 03:59 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have a drawing but thye are basically C shaped. Thirteen screens on the sides and 4 in the middle. They use the same design for some 24 plexes also. Audtorium size at the theater I worked at ranged from 93 seats to 496 seats. Not sure about screen size.

Mark Hajducki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2006 06:37 PM      Profile for Mark Hajducki   Email Mark Hajducki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a diagram part way down this Cinematour Page

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-18-2006 06:46 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was able to steal these from AMC Corporate Headquarters:

-

Cory Isemann
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2006 09:39 AM      Profile for Cory Isemann   Author's Homepage   Email Cory Isemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only count 28 on that "official" 30-plex plans. Unless you're counting the dungeon as one, then it's still only 29.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-19-2006 12:30 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the general concensus was that 30 screens are too many and most new plexes were around 20 or less. Or has AMC not embraced that idea yet?

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 09-19-2006 01:18 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe's drawing is suprisingly accurate. I've seen the dungeon!

I believe some have 6 in the middle.

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2006 03:59 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the new ones around here have been between 15 and 18 screens. The last 24 screen that went up in this area was in August of 2000

Jeff Arellano
Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2006 02:22 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I drew the one on the Cinematour link. That was the design for Covina 30 as well as a few others. The Block was slightly different and Ontario was slightly different as well.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2006 08:03 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was out at the AMC Easton Towne Center 30 today, and it is set up roughly like Joe's sketch, but with 13 on the left, 4 in the middle, separated by concessions, and 13 on the right. They have a beer concession stand between the main concession stand and the right 13. The Imax at this theatre is in #14, first theatre in the left side large theatre hall.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: