Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Box office ticketing and accounting software

Author Topic: Box office ticketing and accounting software
Kevin Raisler
Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2006 05:06 PM      Profile for Kevin Raisler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be curious to know what kind of operations software that everyone is using. Please strong opinions welcome! thx

|  IP: Logged

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 09-07-2006 05:09 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We use RTS . Don't see any reason why we'd want to change.
If you search the topics here, you'll find this subject is pretty well covered.

[ 09-07-2006, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Jack Ondracek ]

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2006 07:14 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am currently using Sensible Cinema Software.

http://www.sensiblecinema.com

Pretty good for this four plex I am at.

Seems it would work well for up to a 12 or 14 plex. If it got really busy somewhere - I would like to see how it would hold up.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 09-07-2006 09:04 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OmniTerm seems to be the most used up here

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 09-07-2006 10:30 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
That's because OmniTerm was willing to write custom versioning for one of the two Canadian majors. And they're based in Canada, which sucked for getting their "proprietary" touch monitors serviced/replaced. Shipping was always twice the value of the monitor. Other than that, OmniTerm wasn't too bad.

Patrick Matthews
Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2006 09:39 AM      Profile for Patrick Matthews   Email Patrick Matthews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have two single screen theatres and they both use RTS. I like the software quite a bit, sometimes a little buggy, but it is rather inexpensive and gives people the ability to buy online for little or no cost. Works great for us!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-08-2006 01:37 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We use RTS at our single screen. Be aware, if you're a "manual reader" like me, it's hard to decipher how to set it up. The online help sucks...you can tell this is a program that has been cobbed together in pieces over the years, rather than developed from the ground up. But once you figure it out, it's very robust and works well.

It's also a pain in that it doesn't follow all the Windows conventions. Like for example, ALT+F does not open the File menu (at least on our version, it doesn't). And many other little glitches like that.

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2006 07:20 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We use RTS at our theatre. We have never had a problem with tech support, be it online or over the phone. Its extremely easy to setup and print/view reports. Very easy to add concession items to the database too! Their phone support has been remarkable, and they have walked me through a few things that I couldn't figure out by myself. We used Sensible Cinema software, prior to using RTS. Sensible Cinema Software is also another fine program, with very good tech support, and a little less expensive. [thumbsup]

Andrew Peter Chobaniuk
Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2006 06:35 AM      Profile for Andrew Peter Chobaniuk   Email Andrew Peter Chobaniuk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our Theatre Recently upgraded to omniterm, i think we were using a system called rds beforehand

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 09-12-2006 10:07 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crain / Atlanta makes some nice, easy to maintain ticket / concession set ups. Carmike is one of their users.

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 09-12-2006 10:54 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We use ProVenue which is designed for soup-to-nuts operation including billing for rentals, marketing modules, a catering module for everthing from simply concessions to full blown convention center catering operations, and on-line ticket sales. Our Box Office manager seems to like it, but it isn't cheap and there is a fairly hefty manditory yearly maintenance fee. But it does what he wants so he's not about to move to anything else.

Edwin Sheldon
Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2006 04:55 AM      Profile for Edwin Sheldon   Email Edwin Sheldon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My company uses Splyce. It's horrid. Since the first day I started using it I have banged my head on the desk in frustration. It's a ripoff at any price except free...and may be a ripoff even then. In its defense, it allows you to manage nearly every aspect of theatre operation, at the theatre and at your company's corporate office. It just has the least intuitive interface on the planet, and more bugs than a stray dog.

As a manager, I like to be told when there are problems, so I have extended the same courtesy to Splyce. They have been given a detailed list of all the gripes I have with their software, complete with screenshots. I hope they improve their software (wishful thinking).

Jason Setzer
Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2006 04:02 PM      Profile for Jason Setzer   Email Jason Setzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We use Radiant in our bigger houses. Their support is very expensive and their software does have alot of bugs in it. For our smaller houses we use Sensible Cinemas and it seems to do the trick.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: