Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Guild Theatre get new seats (Menlo Park, CA)

Author Topic: Guild Theatre get new seats (Menlo Park, CA)
Mike Croaro
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2006 10:49 AM      Profile for Mike Croaro   Email Mike Croaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Folks:

Was pleasantly surprised to see that the Guild Theatre in Menlo park, CA has new seats. The old seats were Heywood-Wakefield seats that had been recovered and resprung approx. 5 years ago. Thew new seats are a good improvement.

Mike

|  IP: Logged

Eric Hooper
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-18-2006 11:23 AM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went there for the first time a few weeks ago. I did notice the seats were quite comfortable.

HOWEVER, it does not excuse their crappy shitty sound system. And they have the nerve to advertise Dolby Digital and even run a Dolby Digital trailer. I guess you may have a processor installed, but what's the point if you don't fine tune it and run it through crappy speakers....

This is becomming a rampant problem at most Landmark theatres here in the Bay Area. I've stopped going to them...

(Sorry Carl, but Brokeback sounded REALLY BAD at the Cal..)

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2006 03:23 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
even when you saw it the first time downstairs? i seem to remember you seeing it in #3 as well and i agree the upstairs theaters don't sound that great. but i've always thought #1 sounded quite good. not as good as the one time i went out to daly city, or perhaps #1 at the grand lake, but impressive nonetheless.

what about the sound was bad? yeah, i know that might be a very hard question to answer.

Eric Hooper
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2006 11:15 AM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carl,

I sent you a PM. I don't want to air any dirty laundry on here anymore. [Wink]

Although I will say this in general to all theatres/projectionists:
It's hard when you work at the theatre, you get used to running your own sound equipment, and it sounds good to you because it's what you're used to hearing, and you loose sight of what it's supposed to sound like.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: