Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » M:i:III: How's it holding up? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: M:i:III: How's it holding up?
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-13-2006 01:30 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We couldn't get a print of this one. Initially I was upset, but given its relatively lackluster opening, I almost feel like we may have dodged a bullet. Just wondering how it's holding up around Film-Tech land.

|  IP: Logged

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2006 04:43 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So far - a really crappy weekend for movies. The weather is too nice here on the Shore. Poseidon is beating out MI:III here at our location. All in all - a really bad, bad weekend for movies.

I have a feeling it is the 'calm before the storm' with OTH and DaVinci coming up......

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2006 08:21 PM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RV is holding up here better than anything else

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2006 09:00 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Rolling Turd!

RV was our number one grosser today.

Didn't see that one coming......

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2006 12:25 AM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
M:I:3 has basically sucked for us, which I was expecting, to be honest. As others have mentioned, RV has good legs. Poseidon is my #1 this weekend so far, but RV is right behind it.

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2006 01:13 AM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Da Vinci and OTH are really going to kick the summer into high gear. Then XMen is going to make sure it stays that way.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2006 02:50 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We were fortunate to be able to run "RV" and "MI3" together as a double feature this weekend. Played "Poseidon" and "The Sentinel" as a double on the second screen. So far both screens have nearly drawn identical numbers.

Last weekend we had MI3 and RV on separate screens, and the RV side pulled the largest crowds. I'm just hoping "Over the Hedge" will be this years "Madagascar"!

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2006 08:48 AM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From next weekend until Pirates 2 slows down should do gangbuster business around here...DaVinci/Hedge then X-Men then The Break-Up and Omen (We do well with horror and The Break-Up looks funny), Cars of course, then Click and Garfield two weeks later, then Superman, then Pirates 2.

Load up on the popcorn!

On a similiar topic...which looks beter to you (business-wise): Nacho Libre or Fast and the Furious 3?

I think Nacho looks really funny, but I did well with the first 2 Fast and Furious movies.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-14-2006 01:55 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are playing RV now and suddenly I don't really mind missing out on MI-III on the break. (I'm sure we'll play it later.)

I thought the Nacho Libre trailer (that came with Ice Age 2, I think) was really dopey looking but literally dozens of people mentioned that movie as THE ONE they can't wait for! Teenagers/young adults mostly, I guess.)

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2006 07:04 PM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MI3 in first place with 24M. Easily more than Poseidon's first week of 20M. I would say it is holding up pretty decently despite the disappointing first weekend. RV also lasting longer than I expected, but not as great as our locales - 9.4M

Jack Ondracek
Film God

- posted 05-14-2006 07:29 PM      Profile for Jack Ondracek   Author's Homepage   Email Jack Ondracek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"MI3" outdid "RV" and "Poseidon" on Friday... but "RV" caught up and kicked everything last night (Saturday)... Wonder if it was a "Mother's Day choice"? That's certainly where the kids were, last night.

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2006 12:23 AM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poseidon was the top seller here but MI3 was in close second.

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2006 01:33 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a matter of which turkey has the biggest feathers. First week MI 3 was horrible, but the second week drop was less than expected. Still, not doing the business that was originally expected. Poseidon has truly lived up to it's billing as a disaster film.

Hopefully, we'll be able to take our principal owner off suicide watch when Da Vinci and Over the Hedge open. [Smile]

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2006 03:13 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For us RV, Poseidon and MI3 are showing steady business.
I agree though, the weather and in some counties the fair and other outdoor festivities are slowing down business.

Once OTH and Da Vinci hit it's all gravy, I think. Temp. is just going to go up and people seeking air conditioned refuge have a lot of good reasons to come to the theater this year.
Superman, Pirates, and X3 among other things look promising.

Aren't the analysts saying 2k6 might actually show a gain over last year?

The bullet to dodge is Just My Luck.
I'm calling it this years "Fever Pitch". Come to think of it, I remember more people watching Fever Pitch...

Chad Souder
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2006 10:21 AM      Profile for Chad Souder   Email Chad Souder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Matt Fields
On a similiar topic...which looks beter to you (business-wise): Nacho Libre or Fast and the Furious 3?
Definately Nacho. There are no actors in Tokyo Drift and you know that at least for the opener, all the immature guys like myself are going to step over each other to see it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: