Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Theaters with food

Author Topic: Theaters with food
Dan Chilton
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2006 05:55 PM      Profile for Dan Chilton   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Chilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beyond the famous Alamo Drafthouse, and the Cinema Cafe chain on the East coast, what other theaters do you know of that serve food in the auditorium? How's the service in those places? I've never been to one, but the concept intriques me. I'm planning on visiting one of the Alamo Drafthouses in Austin over the summer.

|  IP: Logged

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2006 06:15 PM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is Ferrilli's Dinner Cinema Club in Scottsdale, Az with
full menu and bar service. A very beautiful and professional
twin-setup. Can be found on the picture side-bar to the left.

Eric Hooper
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2006 06:27 PM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Parkway theatre in Oakland, CA serves Pizza, assorted platters, and beer! [beer] [thumbsup]

It's Awesome.

http://www.picturepubpizza.com/

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 05-11-2006 11:54 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The reference standard by which all others should be judged is the Commodore in Portsmouth VA. Very large, 300 or so in balcony,on mmain floor hundreds of tables for two, THX, 70mm, and a screen that is 60-70 ft wide. Fred Schoenfeld is the owner. Did I mention the "gormet" kitchen? Nearby Norfolk is the home of the Atlantc (NAVY) Fleet. Louis

Caleb Johnstone-Cowan
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2006 08:08 PM      Profile for Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Email Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can you eat 'proper' food whilst watching a film? I usually have to munch my nachos down during the ads and trailers because it's impossible to get the right amount of salsa and jalapenos on them in the dark [Big Grin]

Matt Whitney
Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2006 08:11 PM      Profile for Matt Whitney   Email Matt Whitney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a place called Hollywood Blvd in Downers Grove, IL (a west suburb of Chicago). You sit at big leather chairs and each row has a small countertop in front of it to eat on. The food is actually pretty decent, although somewhat over-priced. Hey, it is a movie theatre. Orders are taken before the show starts and served during the beginning of the film. Service is surprisingly unobtrusive to viewing the movie.

Dan Chilton
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2006 04:11 PM      Profile for Dan Chilton   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Chilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surely there's more than just four dinner/movie combos out there. Any others?

Tristan Lane
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2006 12:34 AM      Profile for Tristan Lane   Email Tristan Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a few that I know of.

The Portland area is a mecca for the theater pub lover. McMenamins has been around for quite a while and has many theater pubs around the area. Website

There's also Cinetopia who serves tapas style gourmet food.

And here in the Boise area we have The Flicks

Keith Peticolas
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2006 12:57 AM      Profile for Keith Peticolas   Email Keith Peticolas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have to add the BearTooth Theater Pub here in Anchorage, Alaska. The best pizza in the state, and it's a big pizza loving state, so that says mucho. Fantastic local microbrews. Not bad film presentation (not as good as mine, but pretty decent) Some art house, some second run. Very popular place. If ever in area give them a visit.
http://www.beartooththeatre.net/index2.html

Scott Jentsch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2006 09:37 AM      Profile for Scott Jentsch   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Jentsch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Fox Bay Cinema Grill in Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin serves food during the movie.

http://www.foxbaycinemagrill.com/

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 05-17-2006 03:03 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is Salt Lake City, Utah, we have NBA Franchise Utah Jazz owner Larry H. Miller Car Billionare with his now copyrighted MEGAPLEX theatres. His 17 plex with IMAX theater attachement has several different food shops inside that you can choose from, from Mexican food, to ice cream, american diner, pizza, chinese, specialty deserts, and the regular stuff. They are all separated so you can split up as a group and meet back at the auditorium. Decent food too. I prefer the grilled hot dog sandwich.

Ciao

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: