Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Mobile cinema in Scotland...holy cow!

Author Topic: Mobile cinema in Scotland...holy cow!
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 04-14-2006 06:57 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.hi-arts.co.uk/screen-machine-history.htm

This is the Screen Machine...

-

Travels the highlands of Scotland. One hour to set-up and won't play anywhere closer than one hour to the nearest cinema.

Very cool. There's a video on the site as well worth looking at.

John

|  IP: Logged

Robert Burtcher
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2006 03:25 AM      Profile for Robert Burtcher   Email Robert Burtcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool.

Incidentally, there's a shot of the projector in the video... It appears to be a Cinemeccanica Victoria 5. (Pause the video at 1:07 and you'll see the projector)

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2006 05:34 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep I think Sound Associates did the supply and install.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2006 11:36 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are I believe plans afoot for more. There is also a mobiel unit which is basically a trailer full of projectors etc, the come and set up in the village hall or school gym hall. Some of hte very remote parts of the country are pretty innacessible to the Screen Machine, the roads aren't suitable for heavy vehicles, so an ordinary estate car plus trailer does the job.

Screen Machine had a few problems, I don't know if they've been resolved, the Cp500 didn't take kindly to vibration when on the road, and the trucks complex hydraulic system has proved to be rather tempramental, so I am told.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2006 04:41 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which page is the video on?- I've looked around the web site but I can't find it.

Adrian Steiner
Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2006 05:58 PM      Profile for Adrian Steiner   Email Adrian Steiner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's on http://www.hi-arts.co.uk/screenmachine. The centred text below the picture is the link.

Chad M Calpito
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2006 12:02 AM      Profile for Chad M Calpito   Author's Homepage   Email Chad M Calpito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that is a really unique concept. Until I read this thread, I never even thought that something this unique could exist. Amazing how new ideas come around and actually happen. [Big Grin]

Mark Hajducki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2006 06:44 AM      Profile for Mark Hajducki   Email Mark Hajducki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is also an Irish Version

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: