Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Kiss Me Kate in 3D, March 10th at the Lafayette in Suffern, NY!

Author Topic: Kiss Me Kate in 3D, March 10th at the Lafayette in Suffern, NY!
Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 02-25-2006 05:37 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo! Here we go again!

[Cool] [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]

This is a great theater that always has an excellent presentation. The pipe organ kicks all kinds of movie tunes ass, and Kiss Me Kate is a great movie, especially in double interlock 3D. Kudos to Pete for bringing it back.

I'll be there.

link

quote:
We are proud to host the Salute to Great Movie Musicals festival at the Lafayette Theatre in Suffern, New York on March 10, 11, & 12, 2006.

The SALUTE TO MOVIE MUSICALS Festival at the historic Lafayette Theatre in Suffern, New York presents seven illustrious movie programs - including several rarely shown titles - from the golden age of cinema and all on the Lafayette Theatre's giant silver screen. One of Hollywood's most popular genre's, the movie musical came of age in the 1930s and is still extremely popular today. Screening will be films featuring the talents of Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Elvis Presley, Ginger Rogers, Howard Keel, Ruby Keeler, Leslie Caron, and John Travolta, including the return engagement of KISS ME KATE presented in double-system polarized 3-D and stereo sound. All of the films are screening in the finest studio and archive prints available - you won't see or hear them better anywhere - and each show will feature pre-show music from the Mighty Wurlitzer Theatre Pipe Organ.

The Lafayette Theatre is the New York metro area's only full-time vintage movie palace. Built in 1924 and recently renovated, the Lafayette features 1000 seats, modern projection equipment, and the mighty Wurlitzer Theatre Pipe Organ. The Lafayette is your first choice to experience films in a classic theatre setting.

|  IP: Logged

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2006 02:45 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That'd be Jeff Barker that's usually on the Lafayette's theatre organ.

He's the real deal theatre organist, unlike many who have taken up the instrument latterly. Like Dennis James (who's much more a film accompanist) & Jonas Norwood, Jeff Barker knows the point is the audience's enjoyment; he's up, entertaining, & a good show. That's why the folks pay their nickel.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: