Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Warehouse pics, and hideous lobby colors (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Warehouse pics, and hideous lobby colors
Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2006 05:05 PM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I can't stand it any longer. After looking over the latest batch of theatre complex pictures over the past month or so, I must ask, what brain dead goof ball picks out the colors in some of these hideous lobby's. My there sure are some butt ugly ones in the group.

|  IP: Logged

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2006 10:02 PM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad A.-- I tend to agree.

Daniel Wright
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2006 10:18 PM      Profile for Daniel Wright   Email Daniel Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The recently posted Cinema 6 I think takes the cake. What a lovely shade of burnt orange.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2006 10:44 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Cinemark builds in the 90's.

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2006 12:49 AM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the audtoriums in Cinema 6 look pretty nice.
What really hurts my eyes is all the purple/green/orange, and the insane black and white checkerboard ceilings and floors! Ouch, my eyes! [Eek!]

Paul Trimboli
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2006 02:45 AM      Profile for Paul Trimboli   Email Paul Trimboli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had the exact same thoughts, what did people think of these cinemas when they were built and 'in fashion'? The black and white tiles look like crap! I wonder how modern cinemas will hold up in the future!? [Eek!]

There is a cinema complex here that was done up in about 94/95 and at the time I thought it was really great but now if I go there I can't belive how crappy it looks.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-22-2006 02:57 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They do this crappy color scheme to keep the people from mingling around in the lobby - just get their concession items and into their theatres. Then, when they get out of their theatres, they want to get the crap out of that gaudy looking lobby and out the door...

..keeps the traffic moving...

.. - the same with the restrooms: paint them a horrible color and the mingling will cease immensly...and play Barry Manilow in there on top of it..(LOL)

-Monte

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-22-2006 08:22 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Often the wife of a bigwig at a theater chain gets to pick the colors, because they want something to do. Since they don't have any experience, (it does take some artistic skill to select a pleasing color scheme) it will usually look like crap.

Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2006 01:47 PM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But Monte, some of those color "schemes" would make it hard not to loose your lunch before you make it to the snack counter. [puke] So no one would be interested in the snack bar. [Big Grin]

Thomas Jonsson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-22-2006 03:07 PM      Profile for Thomas Jonsson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One way or the other most multiplexes looks the same. They
totally lack the charm of the old singles, no matter what
color they´re painted in. They all look like over-sized
McDonalds-restaurants with theaters attached to them. With
some good exceptions, ofcourse. [Wink]

Thomas

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-22-2006 05:19 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Allen
So no one would be interested in the snack bar.

nah....the smell of the fresh popped popcorn, the bubbly sodas, fresh nachos, and scrumptious candy will stop hungry people in their tracks no matter how gaudy the paintjobs look.

It's amazing how the stomach can influence man no matter what the atmosphere he's in.

-Monte

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 01-22-2006 10:08 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, for the record, like Cinemark's colorful lobbys of the nineties.

I like their current design better, sure, but...

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2006 02:10 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, I'm in your area for awhile, can I come by and take pics of your theater? [beer]

Rick Raskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2006 06:37 AM      Profile for Rick Raskin   Email Rick Raskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Monte L Fullmer
They do this crappy color scheme to keep the people from mingling around in the lobby
I think you hit the nail on the head. Orange/blue is a contrasting color scheme and will tend to keep people unsettled.

Jamie Glossop
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-23-2006 06:53 AM      Profile for Jamie Glossop   Author's Homepage   Email Jamie Glossop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have 2 muliplexes near me, Ones pure red and the others pure blue [Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: