Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Horrible Producers Print

Author Topic: Horrible Producers Print
James Nash
Film Handler

- posted 12-23-2005 12:34 AM      Profile for James Nash   Author's Homepage   Email James Nash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TO WHOMEVER THRASHED A PRE SCREENED PRINT OF THE PRODUCERS:

What goes around, comes around.

I recieved my print of the producers, to open sunday, this evening around 9pm. Upon opening of the cans, here is what was found:
Reel 4 had head/tail of reel 2 on it
Reel 3 had head/tail of reel 6 on it
reel 2 had head/tail of reel 1 on it
reel 8 had head of reel 5 on it

no attatched trailer, no dts discs

cue tape still on in places. mis-splices throughout the print. Emulsion scratches, and a few creases in sections of the film.

And, the actual reel #1 was COMPLETELY MISSING.

This wins the award, of worst print ever recieved. We are working on finding out who this print came from, and I will abesolutly call you out on this.

It is unaccaptable to break down a print, and ship it off in this manner. If your projectionists are not capable of breaking down a print properly, then they shouldnt be allowed to do so.

Espescially around christmas, we all have enough to deal with. Tracking down missing reels of prints is pretty near the bottom of the "to do" list.

Have some self respect, common courtesey, and general pride in your work, and handle film correctly. If you cant, find another line of work.

|  IP: Logged

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-23-2005 02:07 AM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come to think of it, this FHF thread, the right place for a well-justified complaint such as yours, has been quiet as of late: Hey you, you suck! (AKA: Outing bad film handlers)

Your gripe would be just the thing to liven it up. [Smile] [thumbsup]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-23-2005 02:25 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Not only does this belong in the "you suck" thread, it belongs in the Film Handler's Forum, not the Ground Level forum.

PS - be sure and list the print number. Also if the print was directly couried from another theater to you, DO be sure and list the theater's name, city and state.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: