Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Keith AlbeeTheatre Film

Author Topic: Keith AlbeeTheatre Film
Greg Pauley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2005 02:09 AM      Profile for Greg Pauley   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Pauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought some of you who love the old movie palaces would like to see a film that was made back in the late 70’s of Keith Albee Theatre in Huntington, WV. We became aware of the film about a year ago and decided to place on the website. The film maker was Theresa Shantz who at the time was a Marshall University student who made the film for her communication class. Some parts of the video are dark, so you may want to adjust your monitor to lighten.

http://www.ourshowtimes.com/keithalbee/pages/photos.htm

|  IP: Logged

Edwin Schwing
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2005 05:24 AM      Profile for Edwin Schwing   Email Edwin Schwing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOVED IT!

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 12-18-2005 09:38 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job!

I serviced this beautiful theatre a few times in 72 or 73 when I worked for Altec Service Corp. It was one screen then with the original Western Electric system in the booth (no money spent since 1928). Of the six Altec A4 woofers, I reconed four at that time due to stage show damage. Louis

Matt Fields
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2005 09:55 AM      Profile for Matt Fields   Email Matt Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Keith Albee used to be on my film delivery route for ETS, and it is a really neat place. I also liked the Cinema 4 and the Camelot down the street, though, being downtown, sometimes it was hard to find a place to park the truck to drop off the movies.

Greg Pauley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2005 10:04 AM      Profile for Greg Pauley   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Pauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Louis,

Same A2’s still in place! Although, we did modify the cabinets in the 90’s per Lonnie Jennings whenever he worked at Dolby and added new horns. The house now has a CP500 with QSC amps and a Technalite lamphouse.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: