Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Interview @ AMC Tomorrow (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Interview @ AMC Tomorrow
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2005 02:48 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey ya'll, I have an interview at the Regency 20 in Brandon, FL tomorrow. I put that I was experienced with projection on the application and the manager on duty told me to meet the hiring manager tomorrow @ 4pm.

As for as AMC goes, is there anything that I should know that should help me land a job there. If they can't give me 40 hrs on projection, I'll offer to do Ushering during the week too. Anything that can help would be appreciated....Thanks Guys

|  IP: Logged

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 11-30-2005 04:03 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't mention my name.

[Wink]

Just kidding. Good luck!

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2005 04:05 PM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, if you get hired there, you can no longer post on these forums about your job. They will fire you in a heartbeat for doing that from what I've heard.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2005 04:45 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They didn't fire me when I worked there and posted here.
Then again I don't recall posting anything inflamatory and I left a little over a year ago.
I've never heard of AMC having any policy against their employees posting here, but I know that there were people who weren't fond of this site.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-30-2005 05:23 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard: Just don't walk around assigning "Greco Factor" numbers to the female staff. (Wait till you get hired.) [thumbsup]

Good luck!

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 12-01-2005 03:14 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Richard Greco
As for as AMC goes, is there anything that I should know
Yes. There is a difference.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2005 09:45 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, well I am now working there. Currently as an usher/concessionist. But the hiring manager wants to schedule interviews with the booth manager (due to my booth experience) and the operations manager (due to my prior management experience) he says I'm well qualified for both. I start training on Monday.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 12-02-2005 03:39 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bummer. No more "Fun-Lan" stories coming from Richard.

Yea, keep your nose clean working with these "Big Lions" - any form of off-color comments will get you booted for sure. (then it's back hauling pizzas around to the poor..)

-Good luck as always. - Monte

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-02-2005 12:57 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, if AMC reads these boards and fires people based on them, why haven't they fired everyone who's been mentioned in botched presentations? I saw a DLP movie at their Emeryville theater and they couldn't even get THAT right- the glass was smeared causing a dark spot on the screen! I'm glad they don't have any theaters closer to here, since their name seems to stand for All Movies Compromised!

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 12-02-2005 01:07 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Richard.. [thumbsup]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-03-2005 10:46 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh well, there goes AMC....... [Big Grin] There will be Brittnay "Spaniel" Spears posters all over that booth..... [puke]

Mark

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-03-2005 11:58 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Naw, Hilary Duff is more like it : [Big Grin]

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-03-2005 03:34 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I almost got canned for saying that my Area Manager shouldn't be breaking down our prints as he has more important things to do then do our work for us and how our GM uses tape to find the splices(not that theres anything wrong with that)...because I was defiling the name of the company. Not that it needs me to do it anyway, they believe that Zebra tape has no affect on the presentation at all! Almost got fired for having Brad visit the theater as well...keep that inmind all you film-techers out there. Richard better be careful because we weren't even as big as AMC...Congrats Richard, gl and keep your nose clean off all that crack Hilary Duff has been snorting. [puke]

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 12-03-2005 04:11 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AMC never said anything to me about my posts here when I worked for them. Of course, I never posted anything that would (or should) make them look bad, either. That was before they decided that they didn't really need projectionists.

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-03-2005 04:52 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it really comes down to respecting your employer's privacy regardless if you are on good terms with them or not. My general rule is never post names, dates, amounts, or even the company I work for. There is also a reason as to why my picture does not appear on the left side of my posts (though I'll admit there probably no other person named Aaron Mehocic in the world). This is a great resource, but there are limits as to what is discussed here and what isn't . . . in my opinion, at least.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: