Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Advanced ticket sale issues

Author Topic: Advanced ticket sale issues
Tony Monje
Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2005 01:10 PM      Profile for Tony Monje   Email Tony Monje   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to get some input on how other cinemas are dealing with customers who purchase advanced tickets (for example,Harry Potter)but then come to a later showing and either want to trade their tickets in for the later show, or get a refund, after the earlier one had already sold out, and has shown. They then will say that we sold them tickets to the wrong showing, or give some other excuse as to why it is our fault that they missed the earlier showing. They have no regard for the fact that we cannot oversell the auditorium, and we had the seats available for them if they simply had shown up. We have these issues with every big movie that opens up - people want to be sure they have their tickets in advance, but then will either lose their tickets and say we shorted them, or merely not care if they show up or not, thinking they can simply refund their tickets after the sold out film they had tickets for had already come and gone, as long as they produce an un-torn ticket. I understand why airlines over-sell their flights. Even with signs on the box office stating our policy to advanced ticket sales and how we cannot refund them after the film has shown, or replace lost tickets, our customers claim they did not see the signs, and expect us to give them whatever they want. My box office personnel make a point of confirming the show time, screen#, date and film title with al

|  IP: Logged

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 11-20-2005 05:02 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use Cinemark's online ticketing service, as this is the only chain I continue to go to. Here in Utah there is very little concern for presentation, and they have the best, and it still is not very good.

As for thier ticketing, their policies are spelled out in advance of purchacing the ticket, and they do not vary from it. I would make sure that you never deviate from policy, regardless of the excuses the customer comes up with. If they are too stupid to follow rules, then you don't want them in your building. Let your competition deal with thier crap.

Ciao

Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2005 06:08 PM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure your policy's are stated on the ticket, or at least give them a hand out with their tickets with your policy on it.

Then stick to it! Give them an inch, they will take a mile.

My tickets state that "This ticket is ONLY good for date and showtime printed on this ticket." No refund can be given if show is missed. Or something to that effect.

Frank Dubrois
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-20-2005 08:13 PM      Profile for Frank Dubrois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
same here. If they buy advanced tickets, they are informed that there is NO refund, NO exchanges. You either make the show or you lose out. Once you make that your policy, people will in time learn it. There will always be some people who try exchange tickets for a later show, but can't give in. It may sound anti-customer service, or harsh to some, but there is a reason for it. If we are selling advanced tickets, the movie MUST be big..therefore we expect a sell out. Once we sell our limit, we don't sell anymore tickets for that show. Those tickets that we allow returned or exchanged are tickets we can no longer sell because the show was considered SOLD OUT.

Brad Allen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-21-2005 01:29 AM      Profile for Brad Allen   Email Brad Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Read the fine print sometime on the back of a concert ticket you just forked over a weeks salary for. [Eek!]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: