Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Moving back to Arizona

Author Topic: Moving back to Arizona
Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-21-2005 02:50 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well it finally happened and I will be moving back out west, I'll be staying with my brother in Mesa till I get a place of my own. What I would like to know from all our Arizona film-techers. DO you know of any openings out there, when I get there on the 31st. I will start looking and filling out aps, but just looking for a little heads up info. [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-22-2005 11:18 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Kurt! I didn't move "back" out west... I just moved out west close to 10 years ago fomr the Chicago burbs and I would never ever consider moving back to the midwest area... It sucks big time! the only thing I miss is the architecture in that area.... Last time I went back for a visit I said it would be the last time I'd go there and if anyone wanted to visit they'd have to come out here.... I haven't been back there in well over 6 years and so far quite a few have come out to visit....

Mark

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 10-22-2005 06:32 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoy the Coyotes. That 3-5-1 record is great. [Big Grin]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-22-2005 07:41 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't seen any Coyotes Daryl but have seen just about everything else, last time I saw anything like that was the Wolves that live on Isle Royale.... Or was that record 1-5-3 [Razz] ?

Mark

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 10-23-2005 12:02 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shouldn't this be in Yak? Maybe I'm wrong.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-23-2005 03:19 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah i think it should of been....my bad [Razz]

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2005 03:27 AM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kurt:

Harkins Theatres is looking for both General Managers and Senior Managers as well as Projection Techs. showbizjobs@harkins.com.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2005 11:22 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much Allen I will have to look into that.

Daryl I will still be a REDWINGS fan threw and threw, I can only chear for a winning team. [Big Grin]

Richard Shults
Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2005 01:28 PM      Profile for Richard Shults   Email Richard Shults   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen a lot of people come and go at our small theater, but Kurts absense will defintely leave a hole. We've been good friends and have worked together now at two different jobs and realized that we work well together because we can trust and rely on each other. That takes a lot of time to build and is a rarity in a business were it's like a revolving door of employees sometimes. I'll definitely miss you Kurt, but hope you're going on to bigger and better things! Before you go though, I think you should finally tell everyone why you are splicing the film in that picture that I took of you that you use as your file picture. [evil]

Jeff Lacey
Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2005 01:48 AM      Profile for Jeff Lacey   Email Jeff Lacey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck Kurt! If nothing else, the weather will be better!

[Wink]

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2005 11:06 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you everybody, only 4 more days and no more coats in December [Big Grin] . And Rich I will let them keep guessing what I'm splicing in my picture!

Mark after I get situated I might have to make a drive up to Salt lake city. Now I'm with in a days drive or so of half the film-techers on here. Looks like I see road trips in my future! [Smile]

Ramin Hashemi
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-08-2005 02:54 PM      Profile for Ramin Hashemi   Email Ramin Hashemi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may have a position in Blythe Ca. (Blythe is on the border of Ca. and AZ on I10). ler me know if you are interested.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: