Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Anyone work / have worked for Century Theaters?

Author Topic: Anyone work / have worked for Century Theaters?
Alec Ryan
Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2005 04:55 PM      Profile for Alec Ryan   Email Alec Ryan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Century Theaters is opening a new theater close to my new home and I was thinking of applying. I have a couple years of Assistant Manager experience at other theaters. I was just curious if anyone could tell me anything about what their Assistant Manager or Salaried Manager positions are like? Are they a good company to work for? How is the pay? Any info would certainly be helpful. Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

David Nightingale
Film Handler

- posted 10-05-2005 08:08 PM      Profile for David Nightingale   Email David Nightingale   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you live in Kentwood? The only theatre I know opening there is a Cinemark in November... at Woodland Mall...

Alec Ryan
Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2005 03:51 AM      Profile for Alec Ryan   Email Alec Ryan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I'm moving to Huntington Beach, CA.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2005 04:08 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I worked for Century awhile.. Like any chain it has its good points and its bad ones. AFAIK their pay is the best in the industry and they build some of the nicest complexes out there. I didn't stay with them too long, but my reasons for leaving had to do more with the GM I was working for than anything else.

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2005 07:39 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too worked for Century Theatres as a booth manager in Corpus Christi when they open up thier 16 screen theatre in town. Although I was an hourly enmployee, thier Salaried House Managers did say that they made in the mid $30,000 range and that was 6 yrs ago in Texas. I would imagine it would be a bit higher in California. Jim is right though, they do seem to take care of thier employee's and invest alot in thier booth staff sending them to school to maintain equipment and such. I too only worked there a short time, but I left because it was only a part time gig and my full time job wanted me to relocate to Austin.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2005 03:13 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was there they paid a base salary and then a geographical allowance depending on the cost of living of where you were at. I was in the bay area, so my GA was an additional 30%. It actually worked out well - my GA was almost the smae as the amount of my rent and the GA check came in around a week before rent was due.

Alec Ryan
Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2005 03:33 PM      Profile for Alec Ryan   Email Alec Ryan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What position did you have there Jim? If you don't mind me asking.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-10-2005 04:56 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was a "Theatre Manager". Basically, I was #2 in the building behind the GM. Century has (or had, havent been with them for a while) 3 salaried levels - House Manager, Theatre Manager and General Manager.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: