Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Drop-in bottle displays

Author Topic: Drop-in bottle displays
Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2005 09:28 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I don't know if any of you have seen this in theatre "architecture" as of late, but I had a question about a certain piece of equipment.

I see them installed at the Famous Players SilverCity theatres at the concession stand. They're flush with the counter, and it alternates between candy displays and these units.

I've been searching on the internet all night, and all I've been able to gather of them is that they are a combination of a refrigerated merchandiser, deli case and counter bottle display.

These units drop into the counter and remain flush with it. Customers can view the bottled drinks, but require staff to serve it (the front is glass, the back is doors). These units I guess are a type of "serve over", and are approximately 36"-48" wide.

If anyone has anymore information or needs clarification, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 09-09-2005 03:03 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe, take a spin back to that theatre and ask them on this arrangement in their concession stand - on how it was built into the snakbar, manufacturer, and any other info that you can grab from them.

Sometimes, asking about stuff is the best way to start.

good luck - Monte

Brian Hogan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-11-2005 08:39 PM      Profile for Brian Hogan   Email Brian Hogan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is it a working fridge or is it just a display? ive seen the display kind at the newer megas, but i have yet to see one thats a working fridge as well. sounds keen.

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-11-2005 09:19 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. Its refrigerated. Still have not found anything.

EDIT: Here's a picture to help people out!
 -

[ 09-12-2005, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Andrew McCrea ]

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2005 10:33 AM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BUMP

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 09-12-2005 11:47 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like the same cases they would use at a meat market. Try asking there, since nobody here seems to know.

Andy Bergstrom
Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2005 01:54 PM      Profile for Andy Bergstrom   Email Andy Bergstrom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check out the Beverage-Air company www.beverage-air.com or True Food Service Equipment www.truemfg.com. Those to companies basically cover commercial refridgeration units.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: